Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

wait CCNA doesn't cover subnetting? sounds like i've made my decision between it and net+

It definitely, definitely does.

I recently passed it and my #1 tip to coworkers was to make sure you can do subnet calcs in your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Having done a few over the last 2 years I feel like they proctors are pooled to only do stuff for specifics vendors or something, the 4 Cisco ones I’ve done have all been identical, proctor calls have to show the desk with the webcam, then go time.

The MS and Palo Alto ones I did I never even interacted with the protector at all, exam just started and ended, no chats calls or anything

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
It’s anonymously self reported on the internet, there’s going to be aleast a 30% fudge factor going on.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Man I love doing a remote proctored CCNP level exam, having the whole thing crash mid way through doing a lab exercise and then having to sit there watching the clock tick down while the proctor goes to get technical help, gets it relaunched so I can spend another minute double checking the config is how I left it and keep going

Lost at least loving 12-15 minutes and all the while my requests for help about wether I can get the clock paused or time added went completely ignored.

I passed still by some miracle…. But definitely one of the most stressful things I’ve had to deal with.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Charliegrs posted:

While the few times I did an online proctored IT exam went smooth I've heard enough horror stories just like this to never do it again.

Eh Ill do it again next time, I’ve been smashing out certifications the last few years and think this would be the 8th one I’ve done and the first I’ve had a problem with.

I was freaking out because I was doing ENARSI again after failing my first go a week ago and in that attempt I answered the last question in the last 30 seconds of the 90 minutes allowed so knew losing 10 minutes was going to be tough.

Honestly it may have even been a good thing in a way because I blasted through the rest of the multi choices with whatever my first instinct was after checking for the usually gotcha’s Cisco loves to do, but the rush meant I didn’t get too in my own head about them too much either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Rotten Cookies posted:

Passed the CCNA an hour ago.

The monitor I took the test on was so drat small the CLI was blown way the hell up and made reading it some sort of hell.

Nice.

You’d think they’d have sorted out the UI for this stuff by now.

I had the opposite with Palo Alto PCNSA exam, a screenshot of a detailed session output that’d been expanded out which then makes it take up the full screen on a normal res screen, that was the shrunk down on the exam to like 600x600. I had to make an educated guess with all the other info in the question text because when I leaned in to try and see what it was the remote proctor scared the poo poo out of me by yelling at me to sit back.