Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I really like the book from Michael Meyers simple easy and available on kindle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm getting ready to take that myself any tips on fiddly things that I need to memorize port numbers etc?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Just passed A+802 by the scruff of the neck it's no joke make sure you have command line rock solid. And 801 make sure you know mobo components and wireless standards

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 22, 2013

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Kaethela posted:

Anything specific in the command line stuff give you problems? I know my way around it pretty well but don't want any surprises.

Given one computer had its ip address changed use the command line to resolve it on the other computer. Also rebuilding a boot sector from command.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Are there any legit online CCENT classes out there? Preferably one thats a one time cost instead of a subscription model.

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 14, 2016

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Wheres some good starting points for O365 administration. I'm getting onto a team to lead the Microsoft Teams transition and I would love to know more about the backend stuff and get a cert outta it.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

What's a good way to learn VM Ware troubleshooting? starting a new job on Monday and I'll be supporting it from help desk deskside perspective

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm not sure they mentioned vdi in the interview and I've been flailing ever since to figure it out

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Is there a cert for Azure AD and Microsoft Intune? My boss has given me the all clear on implementing it and finding training on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

So I have 6 years of help desk deskside experience and 2 years as a "sys admin" I was more building out an office 365 and Google Workspace admin account along with some work on microsoft intune. My jobs previously either I didn't have access to the servers/networking or we contracted them out. I am mercenary as all hell, I want to make the most money practical in my new job. What certs can I get that would round out my skill set and get me out of help desk. I was thinking either CCNA/N+ or Some sort of Server thing. I'm thinking though with cloud becoming as ubiquitous as it is server knowledge is gonna be less and less important. I have some Azure AD stuff should I just go whole hog in Azure? Any advice?

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 4, 2023