Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
That makes perfect sense thanks for the help.

My company is going to have a junior network engineer position opening summer next year. I’m really going to be working on getting new cisco certs and must be ready by then if I expect to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I’m waiting on the cisco certification change over to start working towards CCNP enterprise.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

skooma512 posted:

Can't you buy the books now?

That’s a good question I assumed the new books wouldn’t be released until end of feb?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Was seriously about to start working on the new CCNP enterprise but my understanding now is the Core 350-401 ENCOR exam will also count as CCIE written. Yep: The core exam is also the qualifying exam for CCIE Enterprise Infrastructure and CCIE Enterprise Wireless certifications. That alone is enough for me to carefully consider. I'm going to wait until the new exams are released before moving forward on that. CCIE has a reputation for a reason. The lab exam being the big deal but still.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Is there a way to get a VPC certification without it costing $3000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Thanks for the information I'll see about the Stanley community College course.