Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Passed Server+ yesterday. I was bad and only read up to Chapter 3 of the book. I was not expecting so many practical/simulation questions and took up every second that I had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Killer_B posted:

How difficult did you feel Server+ was, and how long did you take with studying/prep?

I'm looking to take it fairly soon, to fulfill a requirement for a potential promotion...Though for the most part, I'm not so sure why I'd need to pass it short of dodging the HR filter, and even then, I'm not certain how stringent the requirement would be.

About 90 days of studying. Took a 24 hour course on skillsoft and then used their practice test. Also, downloaded the ebook study guide but didn’t read much.

Honestly a lot of it was really easy questions but very broad and then the few hard practice simulations. If you have a basic IT, networking, Linux CLI knowledge it shouldn’t take long to learn the server hardware stuff.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Passed AZ-900 today with flying colors.

I was shocked because I repeatedly bobbed the practice exam I had on Pluralsight. I think they just cribbed questions from a AZ-104 exam because questions weren’t even similar

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Azure is temporarily giving out free vouchers for their AI certs if you do their Learn Module.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloudskillschallenge/ai/registration/2024#choose-your-challenge

I’ve confirmed you can double dip with the 30 Days to Learn challenge and after you complete the module for the AI cert you can use the 50% voucher on a different exam.