Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
Hey thread, just wondering if anyone has ever done any training for any cert through udemy and thought it was worthwhile. I have access to one of those unlimited accounts (I forget what they're called because I don't frequent the platform much) through my work and I figure why not use that to train for certifications of some kind?

I currently have no certs but I'm halfway through my associates in computer networking and it's all heavily CCNA leaning material and our class workbooks are Cisco, so I assume that'll be the first thing I try to get.

Any suggestions for specific courses would be great, and if not, I'm open to other platforms even if they're paid. Just wanna try to utilize this free poo poo while also sticking it to my current workplace by using the udemy account they give me to get a different job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
Is the general consensus here that wgu is good? I have no prior opinion on it, but I'm already doing an associates completely online from a community college so if they have a bachelor's thing that's relevant to my interests, I'd def check it out.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep
Is Linux+ worth getting (as in will it open any kind of door) if I don't have any other certs yet? I like Linux and use it daily so I have contemplated getting that cert, but was curious about this, as I probably won't try to do any other certs I had planned until I finish this associates in networking