Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I'm taking the az-400 on Monday. I've already passed the az-204. I've completed the Microsoft learn courses, but practice tests are all over the map. How difficult is this test and are there any practice tests worth a drat?

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Professor Latency posted:

I took the net+ online a couple months ago. A little before the scheduled time you check in on the app, they ask you to take a few pictures of the testing area, then you wait in a queue. They call you to test your microphone and camera. I had an issue where they couldn't hear me so they said to restart the app and they bumped me back to the front of the queue.

It was a pretty painless process. The rules of what you can't do are pretty clearly defined. (no talking, no mouthing words, eyes glued to the screen) I think there was a way to take digital notes inside the app but I don't remember.

I almost got disqualified on my last test for talking to myself. It was very frustrating.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

I passed the az-400 :toot:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

Sweet! Any general thoughts on the exam?

The Microsoft learn courses were pretty adequate at preparing me. As long as you read the details of the case study questions you can usually parse out the right answer. they throw some weird product knowledge at you that you just have to know. like a Maven Java Development command you have to run type of poo poo, which is just dumb.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

navyjack posted:

Ok, taking my network+ in a week and a half, after passing Sec+ in Feb. I have a pretty good grip on subnetting, ports, and cabling bandwidth. Any other areas where I should be sure to memorize for test day? Like did you finish and were like “ooh I wish I’d memorized the difference between EAP, EAP-FAST, and LEAP or some other dumb poo poo?

I think one of the questions that threw me away back when I took it was related to VPN handshake order of operations and protocols.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

What do you think would be the most useful if all you've got is an A+ thread?

Really depends on what you want to do. Those Microsoft learn paths can get you a decent start in quite a few directions. Hard to go wrong with anything really. There's demand out there for everything.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

FCKGW posted:

I have AZ-104 but is that good enough to get a cloud job? I was thinking of getting the AZ-400 before even starting to look

The az-400 will easily land you a cloud SRE or entry level DevOps role. If you're good at it you can go further.

The 204 is a decent addition to the 400 as well.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

The 104 is very broad and moderately deep.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

sporkstand posted:

It's been roughly 100 years since I've had to take any kind of test in a structured, classroom setting and I need some practice. So, I'm currently looking at the AZ-900 'Azure Fundamentals' exam from Microsoft. I've been working with Azure/M365 in some capacity for the last 10 years or so and due to this I would consider my skill level with Azure to be intermediate, read: I know how to do stuff in Azure, but I know that there's a lot more to learn.
Would this be a good choice for me? Anybody here have recent experience with this exam? Any book or study material recommendations? Thanks!

Yeah the 900 level is a perfect entry point for someone familiar with azure but not a ton of depth. Do the Microsoft learn courses and go for it.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Yeah I'm rolling with 5 az certs from the 100 level to the 900 level and nobody is paying me that much.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Went to take the azure DP-203 today only to find out my license expired a few days ago during the check in process. So now I have to wait 2 weeks to get my new card and pay for the drat test again.

:doh:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

LochNessMonster posted:

That sucks big time. Take solace in the fact that you’re not alone. It happened to me once early in my career and my boss was incredibly angry about it. It expired like 1-3 days before my exam I think.

Hope yours is more forgiving about it!

Work is understandable about it. They comped the cost and are willing to again.

I'm just upset because I've been cramming all week and was ready to go. Now I have to maintain that level of readiness for a couple weeks which means an hour or more of studying daily to keep it fresh.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

I find Microsoft learn courses and practice tests are usually good enough to pass their exams. Can't say the same for other companies.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

I will be starting a databricks cert later this week. My company got some sort of partnership deal so that's really helpful. I'll let you know how it goes.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

I just passed the azure DP-203. It was a bit challenging, but not as hard as the as some other 200 level exams. The open book was both a blessing and a curse. I was able to nab a few answers that I wasn't 100% on because of that, but I also burned time on things just verifying when I probably didn't need to. I passed with an 880, but expected to squeak by.

My next target is the databricks data engineer associate.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

Just squeaked by the AZ-305 by exactly nailing the passing score of 700 :stare:

I don’t know if I need a lottery ticket or a drink.

A pass is a pass , this Happened to me on the az-204 and it's because I went back and edited one answer at the review stage. Had I not I would have failed.

Always do the review

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Blurb3947 posted:

Passed the SAA-C03 last week! Failed it once but was able to put some solid days of studying in. Feels good to have that out of the way.

My degree course still has two Azure certs to do, but I believe doing the actual cert is optional and they just have a test within the class instead. Just curious how much knowledge overlap there is for Azure and AWS? Would it be dumb of me not to get those certs? They'd be free for the first try at it, but I'm not sure I can devote as much time to those as I did the SAA-C03. It's the Azure AZ-100 and AZ-204.

The 204 is a decent challenge, but doable with a few weeks of study. The 100 is no big deal and you should do that first in a week or so of studying. Consider it studying for the 204.

The concepts of the 204 absolutely transfer indirectly to aws, the 100 not so much.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

rafikki posted:

The first three NSE exams are straight generic security topics and trivia about the whole FortiFabric ecosystem and are non-proctored if you haven’t already realized that. NSE4 is when you start to have to schedule with Pearson Vue or whoever.

I got a free Fortinet router after passing my NSE4 I think. They sent it to me for 'testing and development' but it immediately became my home router.

It's not super hard by any means but it's very specific to Fortinet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

I've moved from an Azure shop to an AWS shop.

I'm so glad to never have to write an Azure cert ever again.

Kazinsal posted:

New job is a fully unionized gig at a public university in a developed country. I have won.

Oh you sweet summer child