Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

It’s been like 8 years but I just used 11th Hour CISSP and the Official ISC2 Practice Tests as material. Also the Sunflower Cheatsheet although I’m not sure that’s still a thing.

Run through those for a month or two and assuming you’re scoring ~80% on the practices you should be good to go.

Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I did WGU for my BS completion back in 2015. It checked a box quickly for me due to the certification credit transfers and allowed me to move onto a masters at a more well-known university. I don’t regret it.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Back 10-15 years ago the saying at the bigcorp I worked for was that to even be considered within infosec you needed experience in at least two of the 3 primary infrastructure, networking, or developer roles.

Thats definitely not the case any more as there are probably 50x the number of jobs, from engineering to architecture to vuln management or GRC, writing loving policy. Now just find something you like doing to head in a direction. You can always pivot if you find it sucks.