Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
SERIOUS QUESTION:

How lovely is a 1980s Mercedes 300 TD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

So they are great is what you are saying.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Yes. But you need a wagon. It is the law.

I wish, I can only find sedans. Apparently they are all over Orlando for some reason.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

$1000 obo!

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I am searching for a diesel as my next car to daily drive and boy they sure have an inflated value.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I am pretty much looking at Mercedes or VW diesels below $5,000. 5-speed is a plus, but not required. There are SOME out there, but not a lot of selection.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Yeah but those are all pretty much what I am looking for.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Look at the torque numbers.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/3489661760.html

Wow, if only I needed a tow vehicle.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Don't they get worse gas mileage on short trips?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

30 MPG is what I get on average for city, 25 MPG if I'm racing from light to light

I mean until it gets warm.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

For the years he specified, they had coolant glow plugs to accelerate warming the block to operating temperature, plus if he is running deliveries he can leave the motor running and it'll consume so little and keep the engine at temperature.

:eng99:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

More like because he has a lovely lift kit.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Drove a 2011 TDI Jetta today, really nice car I can't afford because I don't have good credit.

Edit: 2011 with a 2-year 24,000 warranty. It had something like 50,000 miles. Black with manual transmission. $1,000 down, $350/mo. :smith:

ultimateforce fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 30, 2013

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I super TDI obsessed right now. Too bad I can only find Jettas, I'd kill for a Golf.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

fknlo posted:

When I was shopping, I never saw a single used Golf TDI. Not once. With used car prices what they are I probably wasn't going to buy used, but I didn't see a single one. It's kind of awesome knowing that if I ever decide to sell mine it'll go almost instantly at some ludicrous price :cool:

I definitely don't have any regrets so far.

drat it, that is exactly what I want to buy, but I know I can't afford new with my credit the way it is.

The Jettas are just too big for me.

Edit: http://www.aristocratvw.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2011-Volkswagen-Golf-2dr_HB_Man_TDI-Sanford-FL/1959573363

Well drat, there you go.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I got screwed over by a shady student loan consolidation company. Turns out I was paying them, but they weren't paying the loan off. Good luck proving that in court after they shut down operations and disappear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Caithness posted:

Why are two doors preferable to four? Because it makes it feel more like you're driving a coupe than a hatchback?

Like someone else said, I like the body styling more on the 2 doors.

• Locked thread