Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I drive one of these:

I've had it since it was a year old, and put over 120,000 miles on it. Best car I've ever had.
It has the same engine as the Golf TDI (1.9l 130hp), but it's 10% shorter and 10% lighter. Lots of fun, until you realise (usually half way round a corner) that while the brakes and wheels are upgrades on the base model Fabia, the suspension really isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Atomic Mitten posted:

Awwww yes, I had this too (in the fetching red shown). My wife loved mine so much, we got a second in Silver. Both did 120k, between the two cars the only things to go wrong were one brake switch and one turbo. Cheapest car I'll probably ever run, I think the PD130 was perfect for this car - the 150 has a few troubling faults and the lower ones just were not enough fun - great first car.

The turbo went on mine too, but luckily it was still under warranty. It's got a few electrical problems now and the doors are starting to seize up, but the engine has been indestructible.

My wife wants one of the blue special editions, but I don't think they're ever going to come down in price. Personally I'd rather have the TDI Yeti.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

NitroSpazzz posted:

Is there some glaringly obvious reason why they aren't doing this? Even the drat VW Jetta hybrid is gas instead of diesel.

Those of you with TDI's, how many miles are you running between oil changes? I've always done every 5k with Rotella T6 and a new filter but have heard of people doing 10k just fine.

Diesels aren't very efficient when you stop and start them a lot, which tends to be the way a hybrid engine runs.

I take my oil change intervals from the manual - I believe it's 12 months or 10k miles, but I'd have to check. Been fine so far.

• Locked thread