Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

veedubfreak posted:

In response to why hybrid diesels aren't a thing. The loving chicken tax. Take that bullshit off the books, get rid of the ridiculous restrictions the EPA put on diesels in the past 10 years and you'll have a hybrid getting 100+ mpg.
Does the chicken tax even apply to anything at all these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

I originally was going to note that you can easily get a TDI going without touching the fuel pedal at all without lugging, with just a slightly extended clutch release.
I do this every once in a while with my uncle's Je:crossarms: waitaminute

Shifty Pony posted:

The only other vehicle I've run into that would let you do it to anywhere near the same degree is a Jeep TJ with the legendary 4.0.
Oh. So it's not normal to be able to do that? I shoulda picked a different car to learn a manual on then I guess. :v: How would that work with, say, a poverty-spec Ford Fiesta, or something more powerful like a Mustang GT? Would the engine just die without being able to transfer enough power to the wheels?

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 12, 2013

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

veedubfreak posted:

Well at least the 2010 was still the "good" jetta. Now if you were driving say a "new" jetta that might be a good idea. But living in Texas, it's probably easier to just ask someone to help you move big poo poo :)

The current-gen Jetta Sportwagen is a misnomer - it's not a Jetta, it's an extended Golf, which didn't take the steps back that the new Jetta took (because they didn't change it at all).

• Locked thread