Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Just got back from the VW dealership - going to be the owner of a 2013 Golf Wagon TDI early next week :)

My previous experience with diesels have been my dad's Ram 3500, Ford F450, and Freightliner M12, so it was quite a bit of a shock at how quiet and smooth things were. The fuel consumption... drat, on the test drive we averaged 7L/100Km for about 25 minutes of driving with just a little bit of freeway driving, I'm normally happy when I break 11L/100Km in my current car.

I went with the Comfortline trim, I don't really need leather seats/sunroof that the Highline trim has, and decided to go with the DSG transmission. I live in the downtown core of my city, so having a manual transmission has been a pain in the rear end for the past few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Picked up the new Golf today

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Well it's been 4 weeks so I decided to get some fuel. Did 756 Km on 48.6 litres. I live downtown in a city that has an atrocious downtown traffic grid so that ain't too shabby at all. 6.43L/100Km is a nice change from the ~11L/100Km I was used to with my old car.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Been dealing with -20 and -30 temps the past couple weeks, but still getting over 30mpg averaged over a tank

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

had my first encounter with filling up where the station's diesel nozzles were too small and the misfuel adapter wouldnt ley me put in the clearly labeled yellow diesel nozzle... anyone with a 2013 tdi encounter this issue at any specific chains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Was finally able to do some highway only driving this weekend and test out the fuel consumption on my Golf, did 506Km (480 highway) and used 27.85L for an average of 5.5L/100Km

• Locked thread