Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
A friend of my wife's is selling his 09 Jetta tdi and we're thinking pretty hard about buying it. The guy has been meticulous about maintenance since he bought it new, but is there anything in particular I should look for when I check it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Picked up a 2011 Golf TDI earlier this week, seriously loving the car so far! What's the consensus on fuel stations in the northeast (specifically NY/Long Island)? I filled up at a BP the other day but I can't find any specifics on cetane ratings out here. The PO of my car always put stanadyne additive in the fuel to boost cetane and increase lubricity in order to help preserve the HPFP. I haven't found any locally so I'll be buying online, I suppose. Still thinking about dropping the $400 on the 2micron fuel filter kit from tdiclub that supposedly isolates the HPFP in case of failure.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Shifty Pony posted:

I found online that people claim all BP stations on LI are marked (or should be marked) 45 cetane. I can't say one way or another if stanadyne matters or not. I'm lucky enough to be in an area which uses an up-to 5% bio blend in all diesel fuels so I've never been too concerned about lubricity.

Thanks for the response. I've never paid this much for a car so I want to do everything I can to take care of it even if that means weird additives or only specific fuel stations/brands.

• Locked thread