Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Has anyone done the underseat drawer installation in the new Golf/Sportwagen? I'm looking to have some extra cabin space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

What do you mean by not accelerating downhill? Diesels have more engine braking, is that what you mean?

Otherwise, if you're not getting any acceleration from it, it's either broken or you haven't found the accelerator yet. It's a 3-liter twin turbo diesel. It's got some grunt and a whole lot more top-end than single turbo diesels, give it some revs.

Yes, this. The 335d pulls like a freight train once you get it moving.

I really want one. :(

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fknlo posted:

If the prices on them had been lower I would have seriously considered one when I was looking. Was the only car with an auto I even considered.

Same here. Clean low mileage ones with the sport or msport packages are still 30k. The diesel in the new 3 series is probably going to be pretty expensive too I'd wager.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

And the one for sale is a 2 door which is the best.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

Nice lookin car there buddy. Has too many doors though.

Yes, I run 19"s in the snow, all year round :)

2 doors the best doors.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Caithness posted:

Why are two doors preferable to four? Because it makes it feel more like you're driving a coupe than a hatchback?

For me I just like the body lines more. I also rarely have more than 1 passenger so it is nice to have giant doors to get in and out.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That Golf looks immaculate for almost 600k.

It makes me want to keep my car forever but HPFP and GTD next year.

Literally Lewis Hamilton fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 6, 2013

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

Keep dreaming. VW hates the US, so we'll never get the GTD.

A man can dream. Lot of talk recently so hoping for more than some Scirocco pipedream.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I think I must be driving hard because I usually get ~37-38mpg overall. Summer tires and stick wheels. AC though with Texas.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I think mine is a combination of running the AC almost all the time (Texas), high speed roadways such as the 85mph toll road near me & generally driving it hard. The summer tires put a pretty decent hit on my MPG, around 2-3mpg.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Very possible, I'd say 90% of my driving is to and from work, about 40 miles one way on 55 mph roads. Easy work for the engine and not much soot generated, I'd guess.

Yeah, I'll admit I didn't think about the fact that they'd actually sell fuel that wasn't useable without additives. Putting poo poo in your fuel (injector cleaner etc) that is competely unnecessary is a pet peeve of mine. :shobon:

I think you actually need to drive it hard to get it to avoid clogging/build up.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Still averaging mid to high 30s. Gotta keep that DPF clog free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Why have a wagon when you can have a tiny crossover!!! The Q3 is coming out and I'm sure it'll have a diesel 2.0TDI only most likely

• Locked thread