Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump
Jan 19, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Afraid not, it's whether it would fit in a Panda. Actually, I know it probably would fit, as it's been done, but it's whether it could be done neatly.

The problem is that the original FIRE lump is really rather small, about 16" long, and is already fairly stuffed in there. The "sensible" option is a 1368cc FIRE, but I quite fancy a diesel.

It's not an immediate concern. I'm pretty drat slack about getting on with any of my cars at the best of times, but it seemed like a good opportunity to ask.
Have you considered the 1.4 TDCI ford engine? It was used in the fiesta, fusion, and in some PSA cars. I think a Citroen C3 had a 90hp intercooled version. It feels pretty peppy for the size, revs well for a diesel and is pretty bulletproof. It would suit the Panda quite well I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

If any of you have yet to drive the misery machine known as the Seat Ibiza Ecomotive (slash Polo Bluemotion slash Fabia Greenline), I have only one piece of advice. Don't.

That's a shame, I've always fancied one as a commuter.

My 320d has no brakes so I've been driving around in my parents '99 Citroen Xsara 1.9d non turbo for the past two weekends. I've actually grown quite fond of it despite 14.2 seconds to 60 and 70hp, it sits quite happily on the motorway as long as you aren't wanting to do 90+, and on A and B roads its fine as long as you don't want to overtake like a madman.

Quite relaxing pottering along on a wave of torque trying to keep momentum, as thrashing it is quite futile. And in the snow it feels perfect as has so little power and skinny tyres. What has been more concerning however is that I've also grown fond if the Desert Rose Band tape that is jammed in the tape deck.

• Locked thread