Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Definitely weird, but it's actually a really nice surprise anyway. It looks hilarious and might be a great megaman game, so I'm not gonna complain!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
The best part about that trailer was the "Thanks to continued support from the fans"

Don't think that means much these days regarding Megaman.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
At first I thought that was going to be about Megaman being added to UMVC3. But I'm okay with this too.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
i'd rather play a 360 version of megaman x

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Dunno if I like that it's PC only but at least they're acknowledging Mega Man's existence once again.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Now announce a fighting game!

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I don't loving...

I don't even...

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

cronox2 posted:

Dunno if I like that it's PC only but at least they're acknowledging Mega Man's existence once again.

Distributing anything on XBL/PSN is a pain in the rear end, so PC was the easy choice.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh its a fan game. Welp.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
What stream are you guys watching? This one? http://finals.streetfighter25.com/

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Double Bill posted:

Distributing anything on XBL/PSN is a pain in the rear end, so PC was the easy choice.

It's a free, fan-made game. It's not gonna be on anything but PC ever.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm watching on here: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters but shouldn't it be the same feed?

I like the Megaman reveal. It's a cheap tie-in to the SF anniversary and a way to show people that Megaman isn't dead (even though Capcom is spending next-to-no resources on it)

sexart
Jan 5, 2001

Damn...I know alotta big words
Wouldn't be surprised to see it available for 'free' with two levels, and the rest of the game being DLC levels.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Omnikin posted:

I'm watching on here: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters but shouldn't it be the same feed?

I like the Megaman reveal. It's a cheap tie-in to the SF anniversary and a way to show people that Megaman isn't dead (even though Capcom is spending next-to-no resources on it)

Completely missed the Megaman reveal. What kind of game is it? Sprites? Retro? Modern? Sidescrolling? New Legends?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Not gonna lie, I kinda want a Hello Kitty stick

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

It's regular Megaman with SF bosses and some new weapons they drop.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

ToastyPotato posted:

Completely missed the Megaman reveal. What kind of game is it? Sprites? Retro? Modern? Sidescrolling? New Legends?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2012/12/08/street-fighter-x-mega-man-coming-december-17

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
It's a fun little announcement with not any legitimate downsides I can see. Unless the game sucks. They also said they were going to announce more stuff about their plans for Megaman on the 17th. Calling it now, they aren't adding him to Marvel.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Trihugger posted:

It's a fun little announcement with not any legitimate downsides I can see. Unless the game sucks. They also said they were going to announce more stuff about their plans for Megaman on the 17th. Calling it now, they aren't adding him to Marvel.

Isn't Marvel basically completely finished development wise? As in, no patches, no DLC. It's over?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

Isn't Marvel basically completely finished development wise? As in, no patches, no DLC. It's over?

Yep, that's what Capcom's been saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR6FZ9mVwwQ

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

ToastyPotato posted:

Here's a a bunch of old WIP videos before Capcom got their hands on it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sonic88?feature=watch

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Trihugger posted:

It's Capcom publishing a fan game that they did zero actual work on themselves and taking the credit for, more or less. Not exactly the most promising sign for the series.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

canoshiz posted:

It's Capcom publishing a fan game that they did zero actual work on themselves and taking the credit for, more or less. Not exactly the most promising sign for the series.

Yeah I'd much rather them C&D it like every other company does for every other similar type of project.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

canoshiz posted:

Better than what happened with Streets of Rage Remake, which was C&D'd by Sega (and was superior to the original games). I'm OK with releasing a fangame with Capcom's official seal, especially if they paid the people who made it anything.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

canoshiz posted:

Dunno, I'd be pretty psyched if Capcom published my indie poo poo.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
What I meant was that Capcom is still not actually working on any MM stuff themselves. Unless they start publishing indie MM games on the regular or announce something huge in the near future, I'd still say the series is pretty dead.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Considering this is likely intended to be the warmup for news on the 17th, I'd say Capcom gets a temporary reprieve for now. If they don't deliver the goods on the 17th though, they're going to get torched.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
I thought metalcore was dead. gently caress my life :smithicide:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

canoshiz posted:

"Taking credit for it"? Capcom flew the lead dude on the game from Singapore to be onstage with a Capcom VP for the announcement and emphasized the community in every other sentence, what do you want from them? Svenson also said to look for "more announcements" on the 17th so who knows, a big announcement and a non-announcement would be equally unsurprising.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Awww poor Floe.

But on the bright side, DIEMINION :swoon:

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

This set is loving awesome so far.

Wowowowowow Dieminion from match point to bring that back.

YourHumbleMessiah fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 8, 2012

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
God drat, superb play from Dieminion. Completely different from before.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Holy poo poo :911:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

SONIC BOOM! Dieminion wins! \█/

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Goddrat Dieminion!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Kevin loving Landon!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Wow my bracket just got bopped but I don't care! Let's go Dieminion!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Holy poo poo that demon! SO MUCH DAMAGE!

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
gently caress, I missed the Dieminion vs Gamerbee match. Glad Dieminion won though. I'll have to catch an archive later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Jesus. THIS. MATCH. 2 Perfects.