Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smilehigh
Nov 2, 2010

RUUUUUNNNNNNNN

Norrskensren posted:

Pembrokeshire Coast Path, Wales

Please tell me more about this, thanks.

I'm moving to the UK in 3ish months and I want to do as much hiking as I possibly can.

Have you done any other UK trails/paths?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smilehigh
Nov 2, 2010

RUUUUUNNNNNNNN
So I just bought a pair of Columbia Daska Pass boots, they were 50% off (although I'm in Australia so that's still expensive)so I'm not super worried if they aren't that great, but I'd like to know if the store person was full of poo poo.

I'll probably be doing some easy mountains (not really a mountain more a really tall hill) here in Aus in the next couple of months, but they are mostly for when I go to the UK in April and do stuff there. I bought them under the impression that they are designed more for walking/hiking than climbing...was I wrong? :ohdear:

smilehigh
Nov 2, 2010

RUUUUUNNNNNNNN

i_heart_ponies posted:

I'm guessing it's only a 3/4 shank in the midsole. Is there any toe flex at all? It's kind of rare to find that kind of boot with a metal shank, since most manufacturers have switched to nylon for weight savings.

Yeah I was surprised at the metal shank too. There isn't much toe flex. They aren't too heavy, I was torn between these and a lighter pair, but the light ones just felt...wrong.

a foolish pianist posted:

Yeah, that's definitely a hiking boot. You'd know if you'd bought a climbing boot because you'd have spent approximately one billion dollars US on them.

I was slightly bothered by the product description saying they were for mountains, but seems like it's all good.

Thanks!