Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyger41
Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for the OP OP. I've always wanted to hike and backpack a lot but have never really had time (ie. School/work/grad school/non-outdoorsy wife aggro). But I have been doing alot of trail running and have just recently started doing small 4-5mile 1-2hour long day hikes which have been great. I hope that when I am done with school I will be able to have more outdoor time and hopefully get my son involved.

All of my day hikes and trail runs I do in my Merrell Trail Gloves which are really great shoes. I highly recommend them for anyone looking to get into minimalist foot ware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyger41
Oct 8, 2012
All these pictures are very inspiring. Also, like a level 10 nerd, I went and saw The Hobbit this morning at the first showing and now I really want to go find some "cliff trail" type hikes like the one where they filmed the movie, where they were on cliff edges and on ridges.