Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Anyone familiar with backpacking in Wyoming in March? I want to try to photograph the east side of the Winds or the Bighorns, but know little of what to expect (I mean, sure, lots of snow). Obviously should be relatively easier paths given winter. Any suggestions/experiences?

I did some day hiking in the Cloud Peak wilderness area of the Bighorns, but that's more central than eastern and I was there in the summer so pfffttt I'm an unhelpful jackass. The Lost Twin Lakes hike had some beautiful glacial features and was only ~12mi roundtrip, but since the trail could be hard to find in July I bet it is completely obscured in March. We also drove up to the "Bud Love Wildlife Habitat Management Area" which isn't far from Buffalo, WY right on the eastern edge of the NF. Didn't do any hiking there, but even from the road the landscape was pretty great/bizarre with these little grassy buttes and the mountains in the distance. I'm guessing it probably isn't as cool looking when everything is covered in snow.

Also if you are going through Buffalo at breakfast time, make sure to eat at Pistol Pete's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012

Verman posted:

I use this. Smaller hole to fill but I've never had a problem with leaks.

http://m.rei.com/mt/www.rei.com/product/767111/platypus-hoser-30l-reservoir-100-fl-oz

Ditto. I have this Platypus and it has been through some rough poo poo, but it still works perfectly.