Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just applied a poo poo load of DWR in a not very well ventilated room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

xzzy posted:

Carmanah Valley, yall gotta go:
I'll have to check that out, do you live on the island or just visiting? I've done quite a bit of backpacking and camping on VI in the past 3 or 4 years even since I got burned out from solo road cycling during covid times but still wanting to do stuff outdoors.

Vancouver Island is pretty rugged, tons of places with no development, and not many people that you have to share the trails with, it's awesome.

I'm actually getting ready to hike Mt Albert Edward tomorrow. I've already done it actually, in just a day trip up and down from Victoria, it was a 23 hour day lol, so this time I'm going with my buddy and we are going to camp at Circlet Lake, summit the next day, then camp again, and come back the next day so 2 nights 3 days. Way more chill. Gonna haul some good food and beverages up there.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Just landed some reservation spots for the West Coast Trail. Got August 4-11th at first but had to back out cause I forgot to set the party to "2" and then had to go through a bunch of dates but eventually found Sept 22-28th.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Dread Head posted:

Probably will be nice and dry or possibly very wet. With the weather we have been having the past few summers it is impossible to tell.
Yep we won't actually know until the week of.

I did an overnight camp at Sheilds Lake not last summer but the one before. Me and my buddy hiked up, camped on the provincial side as it hasn't been changed over to CRD yet. Any ways we went in October and it was 25 degrees C on the way up. Definitely didn't need all the layers we brought in. But like the next month that's when that women who's body was finally found went missing, in that same area in the same place we started into the trails. poo poo changes real quick here.

I've been out at China Beach in the middle of summer and it's been miserably windy.

Shields Lake and Dog on a hot October day.

This was a 6 day portage around the lakes of Powell River, but that's the tent we will be using, no dogs allowed on the West Coast Trail, so more room.

This was during the heat wave. Had to do everything early. The fresh water was so warm it was wild. Such an amazing trip.

It's going to be a lot of days on the trail. I'm going to have to actually think about meal planning. Last 2 night trip I did with my buddy we brought in so much food it was ridiculous. First night was fine, marinated steak and buttery mushrooms. Next day we just ate carbs.

The food for the first night was great.

This is from the Mt Albert Edward hike I did this year. The tarp is a game changer.

Up.

Merlin has been to the peak twice.

Ansel Adams.

Bit of a photo dump. I'm trying to figure out some easy weekend overnighters from the city. Would do Sheilds lake again for sure.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 30, 2024

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Darn Toughs are great.

I also really like the "classic" Smart Wool socks though, they are more comfortable for just wearing casually I find, not as tight knit, great socks for wearing with Birkenstocks.

https://smartwool.ca/en/mens-hike-classic-edition-light-cushion-crew-socks-sw012900.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

alnilam posted:

My fav birk socks, aesthetically speaking, are olive colored darn tough hikers. Looks nice with the leather. But if i ever buy any more socks they will probably be loud and ridiculous so i can really lean into the "yes i am rocking birkensocks" aesthetic
I have a pair of beer mug socks with realistic 3D handle that I wear with my birks maybe once a year but it gets some good reactions.