Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

Citizen Z posted:

I've had the urge to pick up hiking or backpacking for a few years now and haven't really acted on it. I currently live in central OK, which is pretty flat. Can anyone recommend some good parks for day hikes in Oklahoma, Arkansas or north Texas?

Arkansas is really beautiful and is likely your best bet. I'd recommend picking up a book by Tim Ernst like this one and choosing a trail from there to start out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,

I'm planning a 3-night trip on the Four Pass Loop starting this Sunday. Does anyone know/remember if the trailhead has showers? Or somewhere else nearby that would let me shower.

I'll camp Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights and fly out of Denver Wednesday night but would like to shower before getting on the plane. Any ideas?

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,

Ropes4u posted:

24 hour fitness or anytime fitness in denver, we stayed at a hotel but those would be my options. Its a beautiful hike have fun and take lots of photos.

Side note someone fell off Capital Peak last week when we were on the trail, another woman fell off north maroon peak a day or two before, so if you decide to peak bag be careful.

Good idea—thanks. As a flatlander I’m going to be happy to survive the elevation changes so no peaks this trip.

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,

I'm taking a 3-night backpacking trip with a friend somewhere in Colorado. I've never been to RMNP, but the backcountry campsite reservation list looks pretty full for the week we're going. What are the chances that we could just show up at the ranger station and get campsites?

Any suggested trips instead of RMNP? I did the Four Pass Loop last year in 3 nights--something about that distance (~27 miles) would be perfect.