Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Living in southeastern PA I got into day hiking a couple of years ago when I lost my full-time job and switched over to freelancing (graphic design). Not too far from me is Ridley Creek State Park, which has a number of trails and side paths to take, which was fine since I could still get cell phone reception, but far enough away from the constant stream of noise that a typical suburb makes during the workweek.

I really do not consider myself a real hiker, since I do the White Trail, which is only around 5.1 miles in little over an hour. There are some decent grades, which was challenging at first, but since I put on a ton of leg muscle, I was getting to the point where I would run up most of the steeper hills.

Did Valley Forge park a couple of times, but it is still pretty much in the middle of a suburban area, so no matter where you go you still hear the background noise of cars.

The Horseshoe trail was something I remember hearing my cousin talk about when he was in Boy Scouts as a kid, and was trying to find more information about.

Anyone ever hike this trail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU