Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oh hey, didn't know BW had a thread.

Manly was huh, looks like BW is gonna do time travel malarky, Bee and PC are tumblr incarnate.

Where do you get the comics for BW anyway?

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
You missed the excellent Space Bear by Andy Helms, animated by Dave Ferguson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16TudXpsroE

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cautiously optimistic for Blackford Manor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDMdzCY5n0g

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
First episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvLqgt8q1QU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 hours!)

I liked it, especially the ending.

"You only get a full moon once a month" THE END

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I like the atmosphere. It needs a bit better pacing, but I'll keep watching.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I really liked Blackford Manor. It was set up like a neat little film, and I actually liked the somewhat disjointed nature of it.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.
Ok just went through the new batch:

Manly definitely is the most interesting. With a short pitch you either have to really sell the characters or the feel of the universe, and I feel it did both really well.

Chainsaw Richard feels like it's hitting the same "cute" note that Bee and PC aims for (...but with boy protagonist), so think it's unlikely to be picked up. Nothing really stands out about it, but I would probably watch it if they made a series of it.

Deadend characters are bland at best, and the writing would have benefited from some subtlety. Maybe some other show will bravely tread into fat gay protagonist territory.

Blackford Manor was interesting. Seemed slow, and felt like it needed to do more to sell the place as some weird spooky manor. But overall would definitely watch it, in part because of how different it felt from the other shorts. It wasn't trying for the gag every second, and that makes it feel nice.

Oh I almost forgot space bear. Seems there was I reason I did. Do like the art style to it though.

If there was only one to pick (as opposed to the reality of none of these getting made) I would root for Manly.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online

WarpedNaba posted:

Oh hey, didn't know BW had a thread.

Manly was huh, looks like BW is gonna do time travel malarky, Bee and PC are tumblr incarnate.

Where do you get the comics for BW anyway?

http://www.boom-studios.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?name=bravest%20warriors&series=&writer=&artist=&category=

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
First and second episodes of Bee and Puppycat are out. It's adorable, and the decors are really well done. I love the aesthetics.

Episode 1 - Food
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNs9shgQ2rI

Episode 2 - Farmer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LugwQtPdkKU

"PICK UP MY GROCERIES PEASANT!"

Popoto fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 7, 2014

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Concur, the aesthetics are pleasant. Although everyone seems to live super extravagantly for folks who have constant money problems.

Not sure why Bee is now super chubby, though.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

Concur, the aesthetics are pleasant. Although everyone seems to live super extravagantly for folks who have constant money problems.

milennials!!!!!!!!! :argh:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

WarpedNaba posted:

She's, uh, the same shape her creator is.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WarpedNaba posted:

...Not sure why Bee is now super chubby, though.

I was watching the live stream and she said Bee was supposed to always look like that, but when they animated it they made her skinnier. So when she got the series approved she made Bee even chubbier so the animation crew would be forced to not thin her out.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I was watching the live stream and she said Bee was supposed to always look like that, but when they animated it they made her skinnier. So when she got the series approved she made Bee even chubbier so the animation crew would be forced to not thin her out.

Huh, interesting.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WarpedNaba posted:

That's chubby? Okay.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow that farmer guy is a creep, good thing his animals ate him and each other like some sort of freaky reverse matrioshka doll food chain or something i don't even know :wtc:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Tollymain posted:

That's chubby? Okay.

In not-US, kinda.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
The visual and animation are excellent. However, I feel like it's a touch too "hey wacky weird action aren't i awesome?"

Hopefully they'll ease off in future episodes. It just felt unnatural at times.

I did appreciate Bee being a bit rounder, it makes for a better character design imo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nice little Adventure Time reference in Deckard's house:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sucks that she had to go to those lengths to keep animators from thinning her character. Unfortunately, it also has the effect of making Bee look horrible off model for every scene she's in.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Is there any kind of release schedule for Bee and Puppycat or what?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tUiE_VbCyk

That crab is obsessed with cleavage.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Popsicle cleavage" is apparently a thing

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Bee and puppycat is beautiful and I love the music, but the writing is kinda not good.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

This show is weird. Like it's episode 3 and it feels like it's stuck, which fits, but it's still weird.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
It's a lovely show, but it just feels like it's meandering with no real direction. Like they wanted to do a bunch of skits, and are awkwardly trying to fit in a narrative.

Maybe I was expecting something different, from the original two shorts I thought it would be something like Sailor Moon, or Steven Universe.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

RedMagus posted:

It's a lovely show, but it just feels like it's meandering with no real direction. Like they wanted to do a bunch of skits, and are awkwardly trying to fit in a narrative.

Maybe I was expecting something different, from the original two shorts I thought it would be something like Sailor Moon, or Steven Universe.

It's definitely not the direction I was expecting it to go. It seems like a live action show that had its budget cut so they needed to dial it back. But it's all animated so that makes no sense. Hopefully it picks up and does something more interesting.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Honestly haven't been enjoying it at all, bee is annoying as hell, the jokes are complete nonsequitars that miss the mark on what could be funny absurdity by miles and are just stupid, and so's the plots.

it has pretty shapes and colors and that's it. I prefer ugly shapes and colors anyway.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I am liking it so far, but three episodes in we should have been seeing some reference to the fable from the pilot.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Thinking back about it, in terms of plot, it's Puppycat's little fable that really pulled my string and made me want to see more. On top of that, the current episode format makes it so I feel like we get the show half an episode at a time (the divide between Bee's world and P's world).

I still enjoy it, but not as much as I was hoping from the pilot. Still going to watch em all.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Pretty disappointed with the new B&P. I don't think I laughed once, and there wasn't anything clever or heartwarming to make up for that.

e: I said disappointing twice.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 7, 2014

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Midseason Finale "Cats" - Bee and PuppyCat - Ep. 4

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Definitely getting some Ghibli vibes from the cats. Sadly no radish-spirit cat taking a bath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Real life Pretty Patrick is apparently Patrick Seery, who works on adventure Time with Natasha.

https://twitter.com/natazilla/status/540623175428501504

http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Patrick_Seery

• Locked thread