Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Triangulum posted:

Man I don't know what to do about Schutzhund. Right now I'm holding off on joining a club until Vecna finishes his private classes because I want him to learn how to relax and self soothe before we get serious about doing sports. But we have gone and checked out most of the local clubs and I am having a hard time figuring out which to join. One club is really close to me (we could walk if we wanted) and is all +R based but less focused on teaching new handlers and seems really cliquey. The club director also completely ignored me and directed all questions towards my husband, which pissed me off. The other club uses corrections but owns their own tracking field, is heavily teaching focused, runs the SV breed survey here, and seems a lot more serious but is over an hour away.

There seems to be a lot of drama between all the clubs too :sigh:

Happy kind of birthday Duke and welcome to the giant-rear end puppy club. Out of curiosity, do you know how tall he is? Also please post pics.

Is there any way you can try out the Nosework 2 class and if it doesn't work for her, move back to 1? Since you've done the first class before the two of you wouldn't really be missing anything. And hey, maybe Shelby will surprise you again. It seems like she did a lot better in Nosework 1 than expected :)

Not that this has anything to do with the classes and Venca, per se, but I wouldn't want to work with someone who was unwilling to directly address me. Its the year 2013, for Christ's sake.

If neither of them are quite what you want, why not try Treibball (which Venca might really enjoy) or agility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

pomme posted:

He is so handsome! I love his coat.

Unfortunately my dog is not a tree fetcher or toy player. He has one type of toy he likes and that is it. He only plays fetch with that one toy, and only inside the house. He doesn't like balls, rope toys, kongs (unless filled with treats) or anything along those lines. :(

My dog (not a GSD) is much the same way. I found that occasionally running around the house like a lunatic with other toys and getting my dog riled up helped encourage him to play (when he's in the mood). All he'll fetch with (or play with) outside are sticks.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Queen Elizatits posted:

He has taken all of them off but one I guess that's his accent nail.

OT but I love the slow mo on this phone. the black dog is a dutch shepherd involved in a felony animal abuse case, he was smashed on the head with a brick but he's recovering very well. I thought about starting a thread about him but the DS community is so small it would be just asking for drama

I knew they were agile but I didn't really realize how agile they could be when they went from starved to round barrel shape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-aX5dXT0hY

Show jumping dogs, what's next?!

• Locked thread