Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Oh man GSD thread, why didn't I see you sooner? :3:

Here's my girl, Roxie.

As a puppy, she enjoyed my laundry (about 4 years ago).

Those ears :3: (3 years ago)

With her BFF, my mother's sheepdog. (Last summer I think)

Staring at me, hoping that I will play fetch for another twenty minutes. She goes absolutely bonkers for any kind of tennis ball, but is horrible at fetch. She won't actually give the ball up until she's done chomping on it.

Why are you holding the ball like that, what is wrong with you.

Of course, it is almost impossible to take a picture when she is not sleeping or laying down. Literally taken five minutes ago. Roxie is an excellent bed warmer in the winter months.

She's about four years old now, and god was I not prepared for her when I got her. She's from what is undoubtedly a backyard breeder in a nearby town. My mother and brother picked her up from the humane society, and she was there with about four of her littermates. She came with AKC papers, but I'm pretty sure I've lost them. Anyway. She eventually became MY dog, because I was the only one willing to walk her and train her and buy her good food. So. My dog

But like I said, I was really not prepared to raise a puppy when I got her. She's very dog-aggressive on walks, probably because I wasn't able to socialize her well. She's fine with other dogs in the house/yard, but not on walks. Hates dogs in other yards, though, because she can't stand my neighbor's adorable pitty dog. Otherwise, though, she is a great, smart dog, and I am so happy to have her. I wasn't really enthusiastic about GSDs before I got her, but they're one of my favorite breeds now.

Also, people recognize her when we're out walking, and get really excited :3:. No one knows who the gently caress I am, but they sure as hell know Roxie.

And there is a lot of words about my dog. Sorry for the low quality pictures, my cellphone doesn't take great pics, ever, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Before I got my GSD, I didn't know they were so...talkative, either. But ever since I got her, it's been a constant stream of WHIIINEE YIP WHINE. I thought something was wrong with her for a long time because she always WHINES when anything happens. Oh you're home!? Whine. You have a ball? WHINE. Car ride, treat, see a squirrel in the yard? You're looking at me? Whiiiine.

And I just recently learned it was GSD thing. This noisy bitch.

DenialTwist posted:

Okay no seriously you've been up for more than an hour and I have not received one tummy rub. Don't make get whiny up in this bitch.

Not pictured: earsplitting yipes of displeasure when I decided to only give a moderate amount of belly rubs.

This is my dog every morning.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

This puppy was boarding at the daycare where I work...look at how loving cute he is :3:. He spent most of yesterday laying in my lap or trying to play with the big dogs (also loving adorable).

I've sworn myself never to get a puppy again after having my current GSD as a pup, but this little fucker's done a lot to convince me otherwise.

• Locked thread