Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

a life less posted:

It looked like all the dog's concentration was on keeping control of its rear end. It was a shame.

We adopted a dog after his owner died, and this was definitely the case with him. Alex was gorgeous but a few months after we had him his hips declined drastically. Poor guy fishtailed like a tractor trailer. We had him two years, and he was ten when we put him down.

His previous owner spoiled him like a child. There is nothing like squatting down to pet a 100 pound dog only to have it go OKAY and plop its rear end in your lap.

Edit: I remember he had a tattoo on the inside of his ear- is this a common breeder practice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

My friends parents picked two puppies from the same litter. Her mom picked a sweet little girl and her dad picked a little boy that bit him when he picked it up. Combined with the fact that her dad reinforced the lovely behavior because he liked being the only person the dog liked, the dog became a crazy animal that could rarely be approached. It bit my friends ear so badly she needed plastic surgery!

To contrast, our GSDs have been love sponges you could do anything to- including when Alex needed his dressings changed on his chest wound and hurt him a bunch.

I guess I would compare them to pitbulls in regards to 'awesome, but when it goes bad it can go real bad' territory

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006

:swoon: Those beauty marks!

• Locked thread