Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I introduced Aslan in the Random Nonsense thread over Thanksgiving, when he stayed with us for a week. Aslan is working-bred, from a mildly :banjo: breeder, but his parents both had good hip scores and the breeder seems to be doing things with his dogs. Aslan has some white on the underside of his tail, which I didn't realize was a disqualifying fault until I read the OP, but hey, he isn't a show dog :)

Here he is at 11-12 weeks (I think?), around when my friend first brought him home. So tiny!

3 months

Same pose, 4 months

I don't have anything more recent. I was really impressed with how intelligent and attentive he was even as a little puppy. He's completed his first round of puppy obedience classes, and my friend intends to pursue a CGC for him down the line. He minds really well and only occasionally gets so excited that he doesn't listen. He and my friend's daughter (16 months) bonded almost instantly. They still have to be careful that he doesn't bowl her over of course, and are watchful to make sure no ears or tails get pulled, but Aslan and the baby are in love with each other and I see him as a great companion for her as they both grow up.

Aslan is wary of strangers and has a big boy bark already, but accepts anyone who is introduced to him properly. From what I can gather talking to people who know more about GSDs, he has a very correct temperament. I just think he seems like a cool dawg.

His owners live five minutes from me, so I see him a lot. If this thread wants more puppy pictures I can see about that... :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Skizzles posted:

Aslan is far too adorable and I would much like to rub dem ears. :3: This is not helping my puppy fever.

Dem ears is also impossibly soft. I'm not one of those people who feels an urge to stick an animal's ears in my mouth, but I was actually tempted with Aslan. I know my friends' daughter does it all the time :3:

He's frequently covered in sticky stuff because he lives with a human baby, but he doesn't seem to mind too much. And he was very confused when I poured myself a bowl of Cheerios and didn't dump a bunch on the floor for him :D

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Guys I'm babysitting my friend's little girl tomorrow night and I can take more pictures of Aslan :neckbeard:

I'm going to take him a couple of bully sticks and see what he thinks of that...

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Aslan officially broke the 50-lb mark at his last vet appointment. He also graduated from puppy obedience! :toot:

He also got neutered a couple of days ago. My friends were debating whether or not to wait until he was finished growing, but I think they eventually decided they had too much else going on to try and juggle an intact male who was becoming increasingly interested in adult male behaviors.

Unfortunately the last time I visited, I came home itching like crazy. I think now that his adult coat is coming in, his dander has changed or something, and I'm allergic to him :smith:

• Locked thread