Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~
Having read this thread from start to finish, I'm kinda glad I did (sure, its not that long, but still).

My parents were a touch concerned that their current GSD's fixation, on rubber balls we throw around for him, was a bit excessive. When I play with him, he'll happily chase the ball until he's utterly exhausted - doesn't even care to go for a walk. That said he does understand that when I say stop, he has to stop.

Also good is the toys mentioned, since he utterly destroys anything that isn't sturdily built.

And on that note, have a pic of him lying down next to my parent's golden retriever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingPave
Jul 18, 2007
eeee!~
My parents GSD had a check up on Wed the 27th, vet felt an unusual lump so they scheduled an ultrasound. There was a tumour found in his spleen. The vet warned my parents that it might be a hemangiosarcoma and to prepare for the worst, as a result both my parents have been in tears at the possible loss of their (well, he's mine too) dog (one of two, the other is a golden retriever). The GSD is 4 years old now, so it was a little unexpected.

Anyway, the vet organised for an X-Ray to confirm if it had travelled to the lungs, which turned out to be clear. They operated and removed his spleen, as well as checked his liver for anything unusual. He's recovering fine, thankfully. Hopefully he'll be home tomorrow, though the vet wants him x-rayed once every 2-3 months, as well as having regular check ups at the same time. Thankfully its the regular check ups that allowed the vet to find the issue in the first place.

There's no point to this post, just needed to say it somewhere since most people I interact with don't quite get my affection for my dogs (even if they are my parents dogs, I consider them mine - both of them treat me differently to anyone else (including my parents) and respond to me as if I was always there).

• Locked thread