Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
Normally I don't post anywhere but the yappy rat dog thread, because I have yappy rats.

But I thought I'd share this picture of my son's GSD. My son is a firefighter/paramedic in California and he got the dog to help protect his family (wife and 4 kids) when he's on those long shifts. Brutus is an absolute sweetheart, very well trained, and when my son isn't home it's really funny and very endearing to watch him running the perimeter, guarding the house and its inhabitants. He has protected my granddaughters on more than one occasion. One time he stood between them and a poisonous snake, barking furiously and keeping it at bay, while my DIL called the fire department and they came out en masse to take care of it (the firefighters take very good care of the families when one of their own is on shift) Another time he went after a coyote that was trying to sneak into the yard when the youngest one was on the swing, and Mama had stepped inside for a minute to get a drink. (They live in the hills)

May I present Brutus. That peanut butter jar? He found it like that, almost empty, and he was just ... uh .... verifying that its contents weren't poisonous. Yeah. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread