Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I read this entire thread a few weeks ago, now I'm finally qualified to post here!

We picked up 8-week old Logan from the breeder yesterday, then started the 9-ish hour drive home. He only cried for about 15 minutes in the car, then took a nap. He was all kinds of cuddly, and completely settled in within a couple of hours. He figured out that he likes the vents blowing on him and hogged all my AC while I was driving. He also made friends with a lab in Vail and started howling in the backseat when he got lonely. We got home around 10 pm, played in the backyard even though it was dark, and he figured out how to use the four stairs to the backdoor almost immediately...going down at less than full speed took a couple of failures to figure out though. He even started eating last night. :3:

This morning we played for almost an hour straight after he entertained himself in the crate for a while. He started falling asleep in my lap, so I walked over and sat next to his crate...he went inside on his own, chewed his toy for a minute, then moved to the corner and fell asleep.

Chilling in the backseat for a bit on the drive home.

Waiting for new mom to back from inside the store with more water.

This morning after playing for like 45 minutes straight.

Three minutes later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Triangulum posted:

Congrats on your baby landshark! Post lots of pictures unless you want him to die from PES and remember: the jumping up and biting your arms is normal and it doesn't mean he's aggressive.

Today was day one of schutzhund. He started picking things up on obedience immediately, loved meeting new people, made friends with a 5-month old GSD, and got to take a shot at chasing a stuffed animal on a bungee cord.

I had to roll up the window because he was trying to climb out to go again.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

His dad has his Sch3, and there are a bunch of 2s and 3s in his pedigree. Mom is pretty much the only dog going back like 5 generations that isn't titled.

I'm definitely interested in an effortpost.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What do you guys feed your GSDs?

Logan's about 6 1/2 months, and as far as I can tell weighs right around 50 lbs. Growth charts I've seen online suggest he should be right about 60. We feed him twice a day, and if he doesn't eat within a reasonable amount of time, we take it away. For the past week or so he just doesn't seem interested in breakfast. I make him sit and stay on the opposite side of the room, which he does, then when I release him he sprints (as well as possible on linoleum) to the food, sniffs it, and goes back to whatever he was doing before. Usually at dinner he'll eat all his food. He seems healthy, there are no other indications that would suggest he's feeling sick. He's still nosy as hell, playful, reasonably obedient, shits like a boss (and conveniently enough, in one section of the yard :) ), and all the normal things you'd expect from a healthy pup. We've been feeding him Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy, on recommendations from the breeder, and until now it's been great. He used to actually work for bits of his kibble, we didn't even have to use treats when working with him. It just seems like he decided he doesn't care for this food anymore.

• Locked thread