Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

Yeah, the overbred look on show GSDs make them look like they're gonna fishtail and spin out on anything sharper than a very gentle turn around the ring. I seriously expect them to go all Tokyo Drift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

notsowelp posted:

I think most tattoos are done by pet owners who just get their dogs tattooed for security reasons (like a more permanent microchip)

Wait, you can fish that poo poo out?

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Just a note - in human psychology, to my knowledge (which is about to actually include a bit of paper saying I know these things!), temperament is defined as those traits of human behavior that we are born with; i.e. that are determined by genetic and developmental factors apart from experience. This means that when it turns out that a particular construct is not present from birth, it is taken out of the category of "temperament". So, neophobia is a great example of a construct which is determined by genetics and the prenatal environment, even if it is later activated by certain experiences that all dogs will encounter (like meeting another dog or encountering a new person in its home). Whether dog aggression can strictly fall into the category of "temperament", and whether the behavior of dog-on-dog fights is therefore also part of that category, is definitely and rightly a matter of great debate. Also, dog psychology is different than human psychology and everyone has different definitions, but this definition has always seemed the most ontologically useful to me.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

There's nothing better than watching someone Godwin in a dog thread. Only reason I didn't ban him is that he might make me laugh a couple more times before it comes to that.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

:stare: What happened to the rest of the dog?

• Locked thread