Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Are they listed as the same character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vichan posted:

I'd totally wear this as a goof even though nobody would get it.

I was legit gonna order it till I saw the shipping was $9

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

Imagine how much more expensive it would’ve been before containerization/shipping automation.

:aaaaa:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

It's ok, he joins the Marines and sorts himself out

drat straight

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It needs another season.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Count Roland posted:

An actual homicide detective is in my social circle these days and he assures me The Wire is by far the most accurate representation of the job. As if we had any doubts.

It absolutely is. Especially for that time frame.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

We did get the Surprise Motherfucker line though

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

roomtone posted:

been watching top boy this week and at least in season 1 it bears a lot of resemblance to the wire s1+3. not just in the the subject matter but the schematics of the main conflict are basically the barkdales vs marlo. it even has a snoop.

That’s been on my list to watch for a while. I need to just watch it already

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Count Roland posted:

What about when Poot asks Herc's date if she enjoyed the movie

Hell yeah lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kosmo Gallion posted:

My favourite reaction is when Herc tells Valchek about the Mayor. Valchek's laughter about the prime piece of info Herc has. Like he wishes he had something like that himself but he's too old to bother with that so decides to give this young guy some free advice. It's almost heartwarming.

Yeah this was fantastic.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

The first season yes. Every season after that in my opinion has only gotten worse, and the latest season I just kinda got bored and stopped watching after the first couple of episodes.

I’ll disagree but I haven’t fully finished the latest season.

I really like the show though

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

For those who don't know, that bridge is :nws: loving GONE now :stare:

Holy poo poo that’s fuckin scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is what happens when you automate the docks.