Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Closet Cyborg
Jan 1, 2008
Our love will rust this world

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

While we're on McNulty being drunk, there's a scene I never really got. I think it was in season 2, where McNulty drives drunk and crashes his car. He then gets out of the car, works out how the crash went, gets back in and recreates it. Is there anything more to that scene other than McNulty being self destructive as gently caress?

Pretty sure he's trying to convince himself that he should have been able to make that turn. And then trying it again because it obviously can't be his fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Closet Cyborg
Jan 1, 2008
Yeah, it's the same as watching someone enter a password on computer, Lester was proving he could watch what Bernard was entering without standing so close as to make it obvious.

Closet Cyborg fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 17, 2013

Closet Cyborg
Jan 1, 2008

escape artist posted:

Does Bernard know that he's shoulder surfing, or does Bernard think he's reading tones? I've always been confused because it seems like Lester is trying to hide it from Bernard. But it might just be to demonstrate how subtly he can do it.

I assumed Bernard knew Lester was shoulder surfing, but Lester was demonstrating how well he could do it without attracting attention, thus showing that he's got experience in running that particular con.

Closet Cyborg
Jan 1, 2008
I'm really digging the write-ups. I wish I could contribute more to the thread, but I'm waiting for a friend to watch it so I can get my set back.

A Minor contribution that I don't think anybody's mentioned in the thread yet: In season 2, when we first see the bar and there's a band playing, the song they're singing is 16 Tons, which is about a mining corporation grinding the working man to dust in a company town. Company towns are a thing of the past for now, but the blue-collar workers still get hosed to death. It encapsulates a lot of the same struggles the dockworkers face. "Another day older and deeper in debt."