Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

awesmoe posted:

was she in oz
The woman Beecher runs over was pregnant with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

RIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0t98Dod98g

e:

bort fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 26, 2024

bort
Mar 13, 2003

"Just a gangsta, I suppose"

It's consistent. Avon's biggest fear is ending up like his brother (that he and D'Angelo visit in the "little slow, little late" scene). Cutty leaving on two feet is a good ending.

What I think is most genius about the character and really subtly but well-conveyed by Harris' portrayal is that his "family" assertions are hollow. It doesn't mean anything to him, but he knows it tells him when others' loyalty is wavering. His drive is his position in the game. Stringer's revelation of his orchestrating D's murder is the only time we see his joy in the game really waver. His omniscience faltered and String pulled one on him. There's still a sparkle in his eye when he's arrested (still part of the game, and it's not the bad ending).

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

needs some ""Honestly, I was looking for somebody who cared about the kid." It ain't profound and ain't entirely a monologue, but goddamn it is a punch in the guts.
I mean, it has to be #2 behind Herc's sympathy for Gus Triandos.