Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib

werdnam posted:

Just got to season 5 on my first watch. After episode 2 , all I can say is, what the gently caress, Jimmy?

The season five serial killer arc was the one point of the show that stretched credulity a little bit, I don't know — maybe something like that could really happen.

Orange Devil posted:

Serious question though, how does one become a person like that in the first place?

I think that description of the "suspect" from the profiler almost breaks the fourth wall it's so meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

Fallen Rib

God Hole posted:

milking homicides and organizing media circuses for funding is absolutely a thing cops do all the time, it's just anachronistic watching someone we've followed for years carry it out when he hasn't 'earned' it through his characterization

yeah, I guess just like — I didn't buy that McNulty was that unhinged, or that he wouldn't have been immediately reported and fired, but I am probably a bit naive — it just didn't seem to fit with four seasons of what I thought was a pretty dry (in a good way) or hyperreal police procedural

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Augustus Polk we salute you :patriot:

Who signs our overtime slips?

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm sure it was mentioned earlier, but for anyone who doesn't know, The Ringer's Way Down in the Hole podcast makes a good companion for any rewatch. It helped me pick up on a lot my second time through.

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

Fallen Rib

Ainsley McTree posted:

I kind of love that scene because you get the sense that Avon is madder about his yelling getting to to the guy than whatever he was yelling about. The ref makes a call you don't like, you get in his face and yell at him and then you move on, that's how the game works, if the ref goes and listens and starts reversing decisions, it fucks everything up

it occurs to me to contrast this scene with Marlo's treatment of a lowly corner shop security guard later in the series — Avon would not have put himself in a situation to be confronted in the first place, but would have respected a taxpayer showing backbone