Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Zandar posted:

The combination of the hexcode at the start, the glitches before Hinata blacks out and Hope's Peak being apparently fine when he got there (which presumably must have been after the Incident, unless DR2 happens before DR) puts me in mind of this being some sort of computer simulation. I know there are any number of other explanations, but it would continue the AI theme of the first game.

Ah well, no doubt my instincts will get shattered next update as happened so often last LP. Looking forward to another great read!

It could happen during DR (E: In the sense that it would take place within the time gap). Remember, the DR1 class was at Hope's Peak for a year before the most despair-inducing incident in the history of mankind or whatever it was called. And that classroom does look familiar. So I'm thinking here that we're dealing with the DR1 cast's juniors.

Or a simulation of them, given the whole glitchy code stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

slowbeef posted:

Retsutalk Episode 16: Super High School Level LPer Orenronen's Extracurricular Lesson

(In which orenronen and I talk about Dangan Ronpa for about 100 minutes.)

I am going traveling tomorrow, so I went to the retsutalk blog to get the .mp3, so I can listen on my phone. It's not up there yet, but I noticed when there that the link to the episode 10 mp3 is dead. I hope you can fix that.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

CrashScreen posted:

Alternatively, I've uploaded the rip on to dropbox to save users a little bit of hassle (until slowbeef decides to upload it himself in higher quality).

Retsutalk Episode 16.

I hope that makes it a little easier for everyone. Now back to lurking for me.

Thanks a bunch! I went to bed after making that post about wanting the mp3 earlier, so waking up to this was nice.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I think that either Togami will not survive for very long in the game, or Hinata does not possess a SHSL talent. This is entirely for meta reasons, but only working off the information presented in the updates. To whit,

orenronen posted:

So, do you still not remember? Do you have any inkling what your talent might be?
Um... Not yet...
This would be inconsistent if you could have your first free time event with Togami after Hinata has discovered his SHSL talent. The other option is that Hinata has no SHSL talent, in which case this statement of his would be hiding the truth rather than being an inconsistency.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

slowbeef posted:

So the way I understand it (and drat I could go for science chat) is that night vision enhances light, incuding from the infrared spectrum. More expensive ones will cast out infrared to reflect off of things if there's just absolutely no light available, but no thermal vision.

They also make it very easy to spot very faint sources of light. Popular fiction is often terrible at depicting this, but even faint luminescence would stand out. If the tape the knife was fastened to does indeed glow in the dark, to night-vision the table would look like one of those cars with ground effect lights.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

To be honest, I thought about that. Someone who would lie they're actually a SHSL Investigator, Monobear would reveal they're lying, and someone of high power and influence (like another Togami) would make the big reveal of "I know who you REALLY are!" Turns out they are reformed and trying to make better on life, but no one dares trust them except the player and every murder they point to the kid in the hockey mask or whatever... a true "Red Herring".

But I doubt it would ever happen.

Or you could have the serial killer be the culprit behind all the murders, and use the Cardassian justice system where it's just a matter of proving how they did it. If you guess correctly, one of your number gets to go home!

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

Typically, fire doors are one-way locking doors. You can exit, but not enter.

Fire doors at the exits of buildings work that way. Internal fire doors most often have doorknobs/handles on the side other than the push bar, so they can be entered the other way if the exit they lead toward turns out to have a fire in front of it. Such fire doors are most often held open using electromagnets so that they fall closed when power goes out. Unless there's an emergency exit in the kitchen part of the cabin, these are incredibly stupidly designed fire doors. If there is, they are well-placed fire doors to hinder the rapid spread of a fire (and the even more rapid spread of smoke and gases) started in the kitchen.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Alto posted:

If the breakers were overloaded, they would remain in the on position. How the hell would Peko's sword reach that and be able to turn it off.

No, they wouldn't. They'd flip to "off" because that's what mechanical breakers like that do when overloaded. Otherwise there would be no way to reset them.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Feldherren posted:

'No longer' possible, hm?

I wonder if it was 'no longer' possible from the very beginning, and she's giving up hiding it, or whether it was from a more recent point, like when Monomi apparently obliterated the Monobeast, or from when the kids started playing Monobear's game and ultimately sentenced a classmate to death.

Usami, before she became Monomi, told us that to leave the island we'd have to gather a certain amount of Hope Shards. Now that two students are dead, it is probably no longer possible to obtain the required amount, since interaction with other students is what gives Hope Shards.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

The problem with contacting companies about translation LPs, is that once you do so they are officially informed that you are translating a product they have a license for. I seriously doubt they don't already know about this, but contacting them about it may get their legal department's panties in a twist resulting in a C&D letter.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

The differing amounts of blood is an indication that the head wound was not instantly fatal. When the heart stops beating, the only way blood keeps flowing is through gravity. Head wounds don't bleed through gravity. Ninja edit: Provided the head is kept in a position like in these two pictures; above the body.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

OK, here's an option I've been mulling over for a bit:
Peko and Kuzuryuu obviously have some sort of deal going on where they owe each other big. They both seem quick to leap to the other's defense. I think they both may be trying to cover up the other's guilt, while neither of them is actually the guilty party. I think Sonia did it and left through the door, covering her bloodied swimwear with the wetsuit. She could alternately have left through the window, using the wetsuit as a rope before using it to cover up the blood.
Peko meets Kuzuryuu near the tunnel. She enters the beach house and discovers the (very recently) deceased body; she assumes Kuzuryuu did it (knowing the story of Twilight Murder Mystery), moves the body over to the door so it looks like the killer can't have left that way, washes the blood off using previously discussed means, and flees through the window using the ninja sword technique.

I arrived at this conclusion by asking myself who other than Peko could leave through the window, and who other than Peko could cover up or clean off the blood on their body, given the facts of the case so far.

This would make Peko the unknown third witness to the dead body. It also fulfills our bodies-being-moved-by-non-culprits quota for DR2.
E: Added leaves-through-the-door option upon reading over this again.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 5, 2013

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

If I'd only realised the implications of the killer being able to let someone else in and/or out before moving the body to block the door, I wouldn't have made an idiotic theory about Sonia covering up the blood on her with her wetsuit and being the real killer.

So yes, this is what I think happened; Peko showed babyface that she totes took care of that annoying evidence-disposer for him, let him out, blocked the body with the door, the rest is covered in the trial.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Personally, I find Saionji unlikable so far. Her only real character traits thus far are making rude comments about other people (especially Mikan) or crying whenever she doesn't get her way. (...) Saionji just seems to be rude because it's funny to her.

This makes it clear why Saionji garners so much dislike in this thread. Saionji is a goon.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

There are two solutions; you could only read Oren's posts (you will miss Fedule posts and fanart) or you can skim for fanart and the relevant avatars while ignoring all of the other posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

So that means this is actually Star Trek TNG S4E27: Dangan Ronpa holodeck malfunction.
Monobear is Lore, Monomi is Data.

• Locked thread