Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
The thing that immediately jumped out at me regarding chef guy is that his facial design is almost exactly like the plant-loving guy from the concept art who never got used in the original game. Not sure where the idea came from that he's going to be the first murderer though. If anything, I'd probably expect it to be one of the more ordinary-looking ones, just to throw everyone off yet again.

Honestly, from what I've seen of the cast thus far, I'm not sure I quite like the designs so much. I'll have to see if their personalities can carry them, but for the moment, I'm not that enthusiastic about most of them. While we've got some interesting ones in the crowd, others, like the lady with the large amount of cleavage, seem a little bland in terms of their design.

As for the main character, we haven't seen enough of him yet to determine whether he's as much of a doormat as Naegi, but I'm hoping that he's actually a little more assertive and takes charge a little more, just to change things up a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
It's really hard to choose who I want to know about more, so let's just start with the folks at the forefront of today's events: Togami and Souda. I've got a bad feeling about Togami in particular, because Monobear isn't going to just sit back and let our returning player dominate the game.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
As others have mentioned, the only way for the blood spatter to be the way it was would have been for Togami to have crawled under the table, but I don't think he was the one who planted the knife. He wouldn't need the glow-in-the-dark paint, for one, since he had the goggles in that plastic case. He would have been able to see the knife just fine without needing the paint.

Right now, I actually suspect Nagito. He was the one who laid down the carpet, which conveniently ends right next to that table, and if the floorboards are as lousy as mentioned, he could have loosened the ones under the table ahead of time to make them easier to remove. Moreover, he was alone in that room for a long time, and could have easily set up the knife under the table, whereas anyone else would have probably been noticed setting it up by Nagito if he wasn't the murderer, since he was in the party room for almost the entire time.

Put short, there's no real way that anyone else would have had the timeframe to arrange this murder. It had to have been Nagito.

e: You know what, that might be the real reason why they're bringing up the fanservice fall. If someone was lifting the floorboards, that would have given her something to trip over. That might be reaching, but it's the only explanation for why that's a clue that makes sense to me.

Blastinus fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 27, 2013

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
Crap.
Honestly, the whole thing seems to me like an attempt on Nagito's life that went a little astray. Hanamura would have had opportunity to see Nagito setting everything up, and so he probably planted the skewer and tablecloth in the hiding place ahead of time. Why the skewer? Because it's long and thin and can fit between the floorboards.

My current theory is that Hanamura sussed out what Nagito was up to and decided that he would turn it around. He ran to the crawlspace, skewered someone he thought was Nagito, then ran back, wiping off the skewer with the tablecloth so that it wouldn't drip on the floor, and ditched the tablecloth in the storage room. The reason why I think that he was expecting to kill Nagito is because he'd have an easier time justifying the death of a man plotting murder than the fellow who was watching out for everyone else. Recall that when he burst in, he was genuinely shocked that Togami was dead, and I believe that's because he wanted Nagito dead instead.

• Locked thread