Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
...huh? A lot of characters seem really familiar, but I like that they aren't exactly the same. We'll see what they are like once introductions start.

:ohdear: But this means most of everyone here is going to die, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
See! There's not going to be killing on this island! Everything's going to be fine, these characters aren't going to die and it'll be happy and perfect!

:ohdear: Starting with more Hope just means more Despair when we hit rock bottom.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
If you look at the photographs alone, it makes Dangan Ronpa seem like a pretty light hearted game.
...then you look beyond the photographs. :ohdear:

This, however, is pretty awesome. Even if you basically crammed every single released art for the characters in here, seeing them all together like this is pretty cool. I'm trying to see if there's any rhyme or reason to the arrangement. Like having Naegi and Nagito together. Ishida's Mondo-ghost near Mondo. Syo standing right next to Togami who is sitting next to Togami. SHSL Coach next to SHSL Baseball Player. And everyone with the most basic standing-upright poses front and center.

...Mukuro taking aim at Junko. :golgo:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
God drat... this game is brilliant. It just knows what we expect, and then just rips them to shreds. After bringing in Monomi, I figured she was going to stuck around for a while but nope! Let's kill her in the next scene!

...so, how many times is Fedule going to get a new avatar in this LP? Speaking of which, isn't there a website that can tell you what avatars a goon had previous? Anyone have a link to that?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Sonia is starting to appear to be a far better character than just some naive airhead. And let's just toss Peko in there for good measure.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
You know, all the plot twists we've seen in this update are plot twists we saw from the previous game. If this were any other game, I would say they are just repeating old stuff, but considering this is Dangan Ronpa I totally did not see this coming. Already we're dealing with a 16th Student and Traitor twist?

Although as I think about it, I don't think the "Monobear will return memories to the graduated student" one was around before...

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

orenronen posted:

Looks like Saionji’s gone to have a Super High-school Level Sulk...

Was this in the original dialog or did one of you toss it in? :allears: I totally couldn't imagine Naegi making SHSL puns, but Hinata seems to have enough of a sense of humor for them.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Of course, Nagito and Togami were the familiar aspects of this game to players coming in from the previous game. So by killing them off first, all we're left is completely unfamiliar territory and no one to trust. :cry:

I still really do not want it to be Nagito...we still don't know what the hell is up with him.

EDIT: On to something that isn't speculation. I really don't like the new debate "minigame" which is just a pixel hunt. It completely distracts from what's going on. Although they do have a timer on it so I'm assuming if you can't figure it out the game will move on regardless.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 22, 2013

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

orenronen posted:

Attention
The events, characters and organizations depicted in this videogame are non-fictitious.
Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or actual entities, is entirely deliberate.

Warning: the game you are about to play is Canon.

Seriously though, this does make me very curious if this game actually kills people without the player realizing. Or it looks more likely it's going to recap what happened in the first game.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Wait a second, three people have to discover the body right? We got the announcement after Souda first saw Koizumi's body, meaning two other people found it before.

:cry: Koizumi... you were the normal one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

orenronen posted:

Rule no. 9
After three people or more first discover a dead body, a "body discovery announcement" shall be broadcast across the island.

Yup, it's three.

• Locked thread