Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wow you weren't kidding when you said DR0 spoiled the poo poo out of 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ixjuvin posted:

Clear as a crisp spring morning. Jun... kos... in the coffee.

Yes... yes...

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Her execution will be having them detach, fly around, and slice her to pieces, as they are clearly scythes of some sort.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just see Yu Narukami in drag.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

slowbeef posted:

I'm seeing Dark Ishimaru personally, but who knows.

Super High School Level Loiterer

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think that actually IS Togami and, if I may go out on a limb, there's a conspiracy here we're not privy to.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sherringford posted:

If he is Togami's relative, then he has to die before the game ends because in DR1 Monobear mentioned all of Togami's relatives were dead. So for that to be true and for Fatogami still be Togami's relative, this game needs to be happening simultaneously to DR1 and he needs to die before the game ends.

Or Junko could have been lying.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Instead of B-movies, it's anime movies.

"Zach, I've had a certain film on my mind. An adventure movie from 1979 and the directorial debut of a bona fide legend. You know, a dashing thief, a beautiful princess, a corrupt duke, and a royal secret. That's right, it's Hayao Miyazaki's The Castle of Cagliostro, starring none other than Lupin III."

Stop making me want things I will never have.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Holy gently caress, I never imagined they'd beat out Mr Monokuma's Lesson, but they managed it.

Why the hell are these games not released internationally goddamn

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ledundead posted:

Heyo, first post on SA, figured I'd make sure it was worth it. So here's some fanart!

Now draw Usami as FK.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ledundead posted:

Ask and ye shall recieve.

Bravo, good sir, bravo. :golfclap:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Honestly I've never been bothered by it. I don't even notice it until people start pointing it out, and even then I don't understand why it bothers people so much.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nonsense, DR's all about the thighs.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The DR1 parallels continue with Mikan basically being a less antagonistic Fukawa and Ibuki sharing Celes' talent of occasionally being Akagi.

I really hope for more from Ibuki, both because what's presented so far is annoying and because wasting a talented actress like Ami Koshimizu on a loving K-on joke is a crime.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The whole finger bit is very specifically a Yakuza thing, which is why a lot of older Yakuza are missing their pinkies, but the art and "baby face" are more associated with Al Capone style gangsters, so it's a tossup really.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mersenne posted:

...You know, I get the feeling if Nidai gets killed, he's eventually going to run into Sakura and they'll break out of the afterlife together through the sheer force of their combined badassery. SHSL Despair better watch their backs :unsmigghh:

Going on the assumption that they're going to take a different tact from the first game, if we consider Nidai to be the Sakura character, I'd actually peg him for surviving. In the first game, Sakura was considered to be basically invincible, and even Junko expressed uncertainty at being able to get rid of her, being pleased when she offed herself. Nidai, at least physically, seems to occupy a similar sphere, but this time I'll wager on him actually living up to expectations and living straight through to the end.

That, or the entire afterlife thing will be made meaningless by the existence of a Super High School Level Necromancer.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's still impossible for me to see Peko as anything other than Yu Narukami in drag. Oh well, from what I've heard she's the most popular from the DR2 cast, so I'm expecting fun thing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I suspect "that student" is who controls Monobear in the DR1 stinger.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well that's a different character for FukuJun. It's kind of weird that he's using that particular voice for Hanamura though, the Lelouch one would actually fit the smug/condescending lines a lot better. Maybe the contrast is the point.

And oh joy, a Penguindrum AND Nirvana reference, all in one character!

I think we've found the two I'd least mind being rid of.

persistentminiboss posted:

So while our Super High School Level Chef definitely stole the show this update in the "creepy" department with his poison-sucking talk, can I just take a moment to draw attention to the fact that although she's rather outwardly naive and innocent at the moment one of Sonia's listed interests is the the loving occult?

This is a stereotypical thing for anime high school girls to be into.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Calling any member of Milky Holmes a detective is vastly overstating their mental capacity.

But who cares, Togami's official art is probably going to be the best thing in this game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'll bet bottom dollar someone is going to be impaled on the top of that statue.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The hair isn't specifically ridiculous for her being a dancer though, it's insane in any context, and we already made every joke about it being basically a pair of scythe blades possible. The boobs wouldn't be that weird if she weren't a gymnast.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well drat if Chef didn't make me straight up smile here. Shine on you crazy diamond I guess. Hiyoko declaring that they should go kill UMAs was also somewhat amusing.

On the other hand, K-on gets worse the more I see of her. I hope she dies or at least turns evil.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Crossdresser crossdresser crossdresser

Stop being so creepy and immoral god, how dare you observe behavior and make guesses in a mystery story?

As for the whole Aoi=Akane thing, I do think her insistence on swimming is a tad suspicious. It wouldn't be quite so bad, but the existence of Nagito and Fatogami just makes you want to find the other old cast members.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's just a joke about swimsuits in an anime game. Everybody calm down.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I need a loving SHSL Battle Royale of students vs Monobeasts immediately.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I finally realized who Mahiru reminds me of. She's a ginger Chie Satonaka. That makes 2 Persona 4 characters :tinfoil:

Also "bullets cannot pierce spirit" god drat it game I like this cast too much.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I'm going to put forth this one last bit because I found this incredibly offensive, then I'm dropping this poo poo entirely until there's a reason (i.e., the character is revealed to be a crossdresser and I say "hey, y'all were right."). I am not "grossed out" by the concept of a crossdresser. Being grossed out by gender/sexual identity concepts is a pretty lovely way to think, to be honest, and I'd appreciate if you stopped trying to turn my distaste at your obsession with a pet theory into "oh you think crossdressers are gross!"

Well in the last thread, people were pretty much saying that exact thing when people figured out whatshisface was a crossdresser. I recall one choice remark along the lines of "I hope they do an autopsy soon so all these creeps will finally be proven wrong" which was, hilariously, immediately followed by the update where the truth is revealed.

As far as DR2 is concerned, yeah people are mostly just making calls based on genre conventions and the author's previous work. Welcome to loving mystery fandom, it's what happens. Not much you can do to stop it really, short of locking the thread (which is certainly an option, though you then prevent people from posting fanart).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

What I don't get it why the spare Usami copies would all be Monomis.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rushputin posted:

It's Dungeon Romper, the official DR roguelike, bringing the franchise to the most despair-inducing genre.

(I'd play it.)

That'd be loving awesome.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

orenronen posted:

This applies even if you're looking at the actual Dangan Ronpa 2 tag on tumblr.

Given that the first game featured a fujoshi serial killer and trap-on-bancho friendship, this isn't the most surprising thing int he world.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm more confused about Kara no Kyoukai, which does indeed include that, except the unassuming male is far removed from being a main character and the novels are actually about the girl brutally murdering an increasingly mad series of opponents with a sword.

Not that you should read them rather than watching the films, as even the original author has said repeatedly, but it really doesn't fit the mold.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Boy this artist sure likes thighs.

Anyway, DR0 remains pretty dull. Hope we get some actual payoff soon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Can we get these art analysis added to the OP? They're not spoilery like normal fanart, and I think they'd fit under the character's section as extras.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Geg posted:

Still, good news. I guess this means it'll get a proper dub too.

This is doubtful. They aren't Aksys (who, going by Fate Extra, don't even bother translating all the text), but I don't see NIS wasting money for a niche product on something that the target audience will most likely just turn off.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, they dubbed Sakura Wars so I guess anything's possible.

I think I just live in fear of the inevitable JYB Togami and Spike Spencer Naegi.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

JAST also regularly steals fanpatches, but there's a world of difference in size between JAST and NIS so yeah there's no way in hell NIS would do that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I could not possibly care less about Monobear/Monokuma, I only care that they don't pick dumb poo poo like "Super Duper," which apparently they aren't doing so I'll probably be cool. What I'm mad about is splitting 1+2 Reload back into two games, no doubt just to give us the loving squeeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah it was most likely just some goons. Anyway I think most Tumblrites have probably just ditched this thread, because there's several LPs of SDR2 on tumblr which have sprung up specifically because of the constant paywall throttling/lack of mirroring. At least one of them I know is nearly finished with the game actually (haven't read it myself though, I like Oren and Fedule's writing).

Long story short just use adblock or whatever.

• Locked thread