Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Antivehicular posted:

I think Hinata in this case is a surname, and his given name is Hajime, which is definitely a masculine given name? Don't quote me on that, though. (Also, to be fair, the DR series can play a little fast and loose with naming, given that last time we had a character who was diegetically supposed to have the birth name of "Corpse Warblade.")

Pretty sure Hajime is the surname; Oren kept the Japanese name order in his translation (Family Name, Given Name) and remember how it played a huge part in case 3?

Seriously excited for this LP, like ridiculously so...that is, until the world ends in a couple of weeks and then we'll never find out what happens next.

Despair :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Conro101 posted:

He only kept it in the Japanese order for Yamada's speech, but changed it around for everyone else.

Really? I totally don't remember that.

Never mind, then.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Hey, Oren. Any news about the DR anime yet?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

orenronen posted:

Yes -- "what t'heck?" has become the standard way of translating "nan de yo nen?" - the most cliche of cliched Manzai lines, often delivered together with the head slap. It appears in enough Japanese media that I figured people who knew it would recognize it for what it is, and people who didn't wouldn't miss much.
Even if you're not terribly fmiliar with manzai, Monomi saying "what t'heck" is a little jarring because that's not how she speaks at all.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sonia confirmed for a Japanophile?

Seriously didn't think we'd get to see the inside of her cottage so easily. I really liked how in the first game you got to see the character's room once you maxed out all there scenarios. I wonder what SDR2 will do instead.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I like Sonia a lot because I feel like she could have easily been made to be Togami 2.0. (I mean, seriously, she's a princess! Why should she have to put up with these peasants?) But she's not; she's really genuine and earnest and seems to want to bond with those around her and learn what life is like outside her royal bubble.

Of course this means she's going to die :ohdear:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

^ Jesus, really? Did they post it under Spoiler Secrets?

Dang, it's a good thing I haven't been checking there as often as I used to. Thanks for the heads up!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Aww man! Is it too late submit my fan-character, Serenity Lucrecia Togami, Super High School Level Heiress and Actress (she has two SHSL) who is Togami's long-lost identical twin cousin who came to Hope's Peak to try and save Togami when she heard he was trapped there but then ended up getting tapped herself? (lol) She's best friends with Celes (they dress in lolita together, tee hee) and Leon falls in love with her (and then sayaka get jealous that hor!!!!). She eventually becomes SHSL Hope at the end of the game instead of Naegi and saves Kirigiri from Monobear. She's also part angel and has one white wing and one black wing.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

dragonsroar posted:

You know, before reading these in depth speculation posts, I really wouldn't even have considered Hanamura, but I'm quickly becoming convinced. I was honestly suspicious of Souda simply on the basis of "who else would have come up with creating a blackout in that fashion", but that's all I have.

But anyway with something more constructive, now that I have an account, I hope I'm allowed to share SDR2 fanart that I've created! Here's a picture of Peko I doodled quickly last month:

It's a little hard to tell it's Peko (I thought it was Fukawa at first), but you have a really interesting style! Good job!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Falls Down Stairs posted:

I was thinking more "creepy mad scientist laboratory", especially with its proximity to a big old mansion. I guess we'll see it soon!
Actually--and maybe it's just me--but that kind of looks like Hope's Peak in the background.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Look at it this way; we're helping Lowtax put his kids through collage! :shepspends:

Edit: Does he even have kids?

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

CandyCrazy posted:

I'm not even all that angry, just stunned. It's almost amusing the effort that must have gone into this. $8 dollars isn't a lot, but buying several ads has to add up to a decent amount.

I've been around the internet long enough to no longer be surprised at the lengths people will go to be a dick.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

OhSnapItsMiriam posted:

I don't think Kuzuryuu died though. Remember the rule about only the culprit getting executed? I think it's against the rules if Monobear just lets Kuzuryuu die.

It can't be helped if he got in the way.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

I hope the game ends where all the characters just die from the plague and the creators give the fans a big fat gently caress off because holy poo poo.

Oh please, this isn't a Cavia game.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Reverend Cheddar posted:

I'd be up for that, I'm in Tokyo. I'm up for eating that Souda ice cream.

If you guys end up doing this you HAVE to take pictures so the rest of us can live vicariously through you :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't know why I wasn't expecting something like that. I should know better by now.

Never change, Ibuki :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

English trailer is out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjWwYnozCk

:v:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Monokuma's new voice doesn't sound evil enough in that trailer.

To be fair, I don't think japanese Monobear sounded all that evil at first either to the player, what with being the voice of a beloved, childhood cartoon icon.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I could have sworn I heard somewhere that Junko/Fukwawa/Syo were being done by the same person. Maybe I just dreamed it :smith:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Kay Kessler posted:

I know I only have one short line of dialogue to go by, but I'm just not feeling Togami's VA. Though, that could just be because of my disappointment in him no being played by Eric Stuart. Togami is pretty much the DR equivalent of Seto Kaiba already.

I seriously had Rachel Lillis pegged as Asahina. I will never unhear it :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Reverend Cheddar posted:

Also, he is not a bear.

Everything I thought I knew was a lie :smith:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

You could always, you know, wait to see how everything plays out before judging fully :geno:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

getitoffgetitoff posted:

What will Hinata even be like if he gets hit with the virus?

Interesting.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Maybe it's time to close the thread until a new update. It would be for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

People don't like Buckland? Never been much of a fan of hers, honestly, but I think she'll make decent Saionji. I don't know, I just always got the impression that she was fairly well liked.

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 17, 2014

• Locked thread