Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

I doubt it'll be an issue, but just in case; what's the policy on DR1 spoilers?

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

flatluigi posted:

I think they're fine, since DR0 is being posted as updates and that's already majorly spoiled the identity and goal of DR1's major antagonist.

True, but there's a risk that a DR2 murder might collate with a DR1 murder and someone says "This is just like when X killed Y and made it look like Z did it. I cried when I found out that X just wanted to graduate and see his cat again!" And I don't think that DR0 has spoiled the main antagonist's identity yet.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Waffleman_ posted:

The first sentence of the book is literally "Junko Enoshima despaired."

:siren:DR1 spoiler warning:siren:
It's been given away in the thread pretty massively now, but remember that 'Junko' dies very early and the player goes through the game thinking she's dead, so even if they have read Zero they think "Well, there must be someone else".

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Alternatively, Junko is testing memory wipe mcguffin on the mystery girl, and SHSL Neurologist is trying to find out what's going on.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

muike posted:

I'm expecting her to show up in a Day by Day strip any day now

I reckon the gangster makes a good Muiry Sue. Just Damon, Liberal Sister (Ibuki?) and Blowjob Russian to go.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

likecnsnnts posted:

It isn't as though this isn't 100% factual. This is one of the few applications where this chat isn't creepy.

I think that the only application where this chat is alright is if you're an actual, real life, gymnastic trainer/team manager picking who to train and send to the Olympics. In the context of an anime game that isn't even about sports of any kind, it's very :spergin:.

Let's be honest: in the context of classical dance, the little girl's crazy hair is just as strange; I'm willing to bet classical dancers didn't wear their hair like that, in fact it kind of contradicts and takes away from the whole shebang. But everyone has noticed the boobs, and no-one has noticed the hair. It's not that the boobs are out of place that has drawn attention; it's simply that they're boobs.

Can we just call it fanservice and move on?

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Wyvernil posted:

A few others have noticed this, but it's odd that Togami doesn't appear to recognize Monobear.

Of course, there's a number of possible explanations. The Despair organization has been demonstrated to have the ability to manipulate memories, so they might have wiped Togami's memory. Then again, if they had, I'd expect him to be a bit more confused about his sudden weight gain since the end of the first game.

Or maybe Togami does recognize Monobear, but is keeping it close to his chest. That might explain why he looks so uncharacteristically freaked out, when in the first game he considered himself the invincible King of Smug Mountain.

Or it's a family member?

Or the two Togamis aren't the same person and it's nothing more than the developers loving with the fanbase? (I prefer this theory because it keeps bullshit guessulation to a minimum).

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

CrashScreen posted:

Can people please shut up about the Togami thing now? Nobody has any clue and there's no clear evidence, but as far as the game has portrayed it is Togami as we know him (but with added weight). Dangan Ronpa likes to play with expectations, so maybe he's not, but assuming and regarding him as something that has no basis whatsoever makes even less sense. Hell, he's had a handful of lines so far and the characters have only just been introduced.

How many times must this be repeated until it's dropped? This is just more baseless speculation and it's more or less just the same arguments on both sides, re-iterated. Can we please move on? Pretty please?

Fatgami is actually a space lizard from space who has killed Togami and stolen his skin. I know this because Fatgami is fat which he would need to be for the space lizard to store all his space lizard food and water and air. Also Fatgami does not have any of Togami's memories which makes sense because Fatgami is actually a space lizard (from space) who is not Togami and therefore does not have any of Togami's memories. Quod erat demonstrandum :v:

One weakness in this theory is that instead of a space lizard Fatgami might actually be a moleman from the ground but we don't have enough evidence at this time so shall have to wait and see.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Silver2195 posted:

I would say the problem is with light novels rather than Japanese literature more generally.

There's other kinds of Japanese literature? :raise:

Manga, of course! How silly of me. I've read all the greats, you know.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

SWMadness posted:

What's with Mikan and the prominent male and female gender symbols then?

C-c-c-c-crossdresser! :yoinks:

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

EDITED OUT DUE TO QUOTEE REMORSE

I was pleased to see that they didn't kill off a student so soon this time. The characters are pretty good, so as with DR1 it's a shame to lose them, especially early on when they're not fully developed. Because of that, I have a theory about who the first victim will be, but it's metaguessing so I'll leave off.

Morton Salt Grrl fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 11, 2013

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Let's go on a powertrip with Gundam and Hiyoko

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

orenronen posted:

I'm not going to explain it further than "Sonia makes an untranslatable language mistake" and that I think we kept the spirit or the joke, but for anyone who knows Japanese and is interested, this is the original exchange:

Sonia: …とんだ吸った揉んだでしたね。
Teruteru: …その字って合ってる?
Souda: 仕方ねーだろ…外国の方なんだからよ…

Speaking of untranslatable stuff, I was almost disappointed nobody asked about the last part of Junko's tirade regarding virgins a few DR/Zero updates back. That one was even more untranslatable (though I guess I did a good job if no one pointed it out), but I like the original so much that I'm going to reprint it here too, for the few of you who can appreciate it:

「……話変わるけどさ、童貞って最悪じゃない? 董卓と字が似てるってトコ以外は、丸っきり最悪じゃない? と言っても、その董卓ですらしょせんは呂布のかませ犬な訳だけども、それでもやっぱり童貞よりは董卓の方が何兆倍も素敵よね。……で、何の話だっけ? あぁ、そうそう……ん、曹操の話? それじゃあ、ちょっくら黒山軍の反乱あたりの話から振り返ってみると――」

...You know what, I like that enough that (pending Fedule approval), I'm going to retroactively edit it into the translation.

She's talking about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms? You did a good job with the translation though.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Lucinice posted:

You know after the bit of stupidity that happened a few pages ago I think this thread should compile a "best of" terrible posting once the LP ends.

This must be the part where I admit that I only read posts with the "User was probated/banned for this post" tag. They're the best parts of the thread.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Perhaps I'm sperging overmuch, but maybe a rule that prevents the same character from going twice in a row? Frankly the game is much more interesting if you know at least a little about each character, and I doubt that dropping all our free-time eggs in the Togami basket will make him step out of his fat suit and reveal his master plan.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Suspicious Cook posted:

The biggest mystery to me is still who's occupying the bathroom crapper. If Togami's dead under the table, who's dead in there? Someone has to be dead in there, or at least searching the toilet like a man would. They couldn't have a double murder for the very first killing, could they?

It's Kuzuryuu, crossdressing and admiring him/herself in the mirror.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

Togami yelling and Nagito going "Ow" does make it seem as if they were fighting. And of course Nagito could have smuggled the knife in and set everything up beforehand.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

I'd guess that Satou is Pekoyama's true name. Her name is bloody strange otherwise. I've got the set up like this:

A - Nurse lassy
B - Saionji
C - Music lassy
D - Koizumi
E - Satou/Peko

Edit: wait, E is dead. Curses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

FRESH BLOOD

GodofDiscord posted:

Oh god... the tears... I'm still crying so loving hard.. This is just... :cry: :cry:

Anime died, GodofDiscord cried.

I thought it was rather negligent of Peko to hug the gangster at the end there, surely he could have gotten stabbed too?

• Locked thread