Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
So far the thing I like the most about this is the mixing of different characters.
Naegi + fortuneteller = Naegi 2.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

His name is Nagito.

I know, but he pretty much IS Naegi 2.0

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I guess it's pretty clear already that the appliances were all set to trigger the blackout, and the luminiscent tape was used so the culprit could find the knife in the dark.
I just hope samurai girl and the bloody tablecloth have nothing to do with each other.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Huh, at first I thought this crappy monitor had some dust or something on it, but I like how Nagito's pupils sorta disappear when he goes full on nutter:

--->

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

DanBDanielson posted:

On a somewhat related note, has anyone pointed out how a lot of the expressions are pretty similar, especially amongst the female members of the cast? At first I had a crackpot theory as to why this is, and then re-reading bits from the original, there's a lot of reused face expressions, and I'm guessing this is just due to the artistic style, but still kind of interesting.

I still think the characters in DR2 are deliberate mix-n-matches of the original cast. Like how Nagito looks like Naegi with a toned down fortune teller hair, Animal Breeder is the Hall monitor (Ishiwa?) remixed, Nurse is a more disheveled (and awkward) Maizono with a dash of Kirigiri's hair, etc.
Note: I am not entirely sure if I'm thinking of the right characters here.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

Maybe Junko will arrange for Ryouko to be responsible for his death;
I don't think she even needs to do that. Off the guy himself, leave some evidence behind that points to Ryouko, and the girl will never know the difference.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

This made me realize that everything about the backstory regarding Hope's Peak is loving STUPID and that I only care about crazy anime kids in crazy anime murder mysteries.

I kinda like how it interpreted Hope's Peak in a different light. They aren't a school for very gifted kids, but are instead mad scientists investigating where "Talent" comes from.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Yeah I always thought most characters in DR were very spindly and leggy. Attributed that to style and never thought much of it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Nanami and Koizumi.
Wish we could meet more than two people at a time but what you gonna do?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

RentCavalier posted:

Oh good just what this thread needed a definition of moe

Intriguingly so.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Someone said something about taking Gundam seriously.
How can anyone take this guy seriously.
His name is loving Gundam.

I like him a lot because I think he's hilarious. And also a good caretaker.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I bet she's not really kira kira, but did actually kill her thinking she is, due to induced amnesia shenanigans. So even when they voted her, it's probably true.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I hope there's an SHSL Liar. Just a guy who is supernaturally gifted about making up poo poo.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

orenronen posted:

Also, TT is full of explicit references to BttF. Maybe too many of them, in fact.

One of my favourite movies ever. Is the game any good?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

If DR3 happens, I want one of the students to be extraordinarily incompetent and untalented. In fact, they are the most unlikely to ever get into hope's peak, and thus they were admitted! :pseudo:

I like this.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
To whoever said the thing about the bag and demoralizing and all that, I think it added to that, but I doubt the killer had cruelty in mind and was more a convenience to stage the murder so yeah I dunno.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

orenronen posted:

This may refer to Dangan Ronpa IF, which is a post-game feature in SDR2. I'm not sure if the English release will have that intact or not - I haven't heard either way.

IF is great.

• Locked thread