Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Pants
Oct 9, 2012

Would you like to see
the Labryinth...
In My Pants?

Ergonomix posted:

Welp. That sure is a start. Glad I could get in on this, I didn't start reading the previous thread until it was already finished. You do some good work, dude.

So, it looks like most characters share cosmetic similarities with previous ones but then the rest is unrelated, like the chef with Oowada's hair. Some characters seem to combine two previous characters, like fat Togami. And the weirdest thing to me is that some previous characters are represented in multiple people, like sword girl and Agent Francis Morgan there both reminding me of Kirigiri.

The only ones who don't remind me of anyone are red haired girl and the broody guy that hasn't had any lines yet.

But I should probably wait until we even get introduced to everybody before I can really speculate at anything.

The chef actually reminds me of the character that was unused in DR1. (I think he was super high school biologist Santa?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Pants
Oct 9, 2012

Would you like to see
the Labryinth...
In My Pants?

Antivehicular posted:

All evidence suggests that Hinata will actually be our Kirigiri-alike here, which might be satisfying for the people who thought of Kirigiri as the real protagonist of DR1. Hinata is a SHSL ??? and amnesiac who was strongly motivated to come to Hope's Peak by reasons he can't remember now -- that's very close to Kirigiri's backstory, although I imagine his backstory will end up different in the end. He's also a very decisive, judgmental character, which was a part of Kirigiri's schtick.

Also, he has the ability to know where to look to advance the plot, which could be hinting at his SHSL ability being Detective [like Kirigiri], if taken as a story and gameplay integration mechanic.

Magic Pants
Oct 9, 2012

Would you like to see
the Labryinth...
In My Pants?
I'm not seeing Cook or Sonia in that picture.

• Locked thread