Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Akane'a a bold one, isn't she? :stare:

Is it just me, or is Togami's reaction to the voice a little... subdued? I mean, shouldn't he recognize it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

DapperDinosaur posted:

Huh, a few of our swimming students showed up. I wonder how all the other students are going to react to Monobear's sudden field trip of killing. It's good to see this group instantly banded together but who knows how long it will last.

Knowing Monobear, it's not gonna last long once he starts pushing motives on our cast. Actually, threatening them with the Monobeasts might be an effective motive... I'm gonna take this with a grain of salt and just consider this just some fourth wall humor, but Monobear's got the power to change the Game's interface. Along with the instant overcast weather, he seems to have a lot of control over the environment. It's still early though, so we'll see if he really is a reality warper or not.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Let's go hang out with Nidai and Togami.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

SingerOfW posted:

Going off-topic here, but is the character in your character original? Because she reminds me of someone.

Koizumi in that fanart looks vaguely like Io from Devil Survivor 2, thinking about it. Io has a sprite with her hands up that looks almost identical.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

orenronen posted:

Japan is one of a few countries that sets aside special cars on trains for the exclusive use of women (usually only in major lines during rush hour) to combat the phenomenon of people like Hanamura taking advantage of the cramped environment to touch and grope. Your OP once entered one of those by accident, and it took about a minute of intense glaring (being a foreigner, not an unusual situation even under normal conditions) until he got that something was wrong.

Yikes, that sounds rough. Do these female-only exclusive train cars indicate in any way that men are not allowed?

Fedule posted:

By the way, did you spot the tiny art gaffe in this update?

Was it the three mono-dolls in Hinata's room? I only remember the mandatory one from the start of the day before and the one from the market being obtained.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

getitoffgetitoff posted:

Well, that's why it's a "failed" attempt. :v: I can see it though. Doing it in a crowd full of people can make it even harder to figure out who did it.

Wait, that wasn't incredible clumsiness? It doesn't seem so far out of left field that she'd just trip over a myriad of wires that might belong to Nanami's game systems that she inexplicably lugs around because she's a SHSL Gamer.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

slowbeef posted:

I just don't know where I'd put it.

Host it offsite on the SSLP Test poster and have a link to it in the OP that warns that your table of contents will have spoilers?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jeek posted:

Honestly, the glow-in-dark paint is bugging me to no end. If you are a murderer, you want to (a) keep your concealed weapon concealed and (b) make sure that nobody notice your murdery action. Why would you want to make your weapon perfectly visible to everyone and traceable to you?

It was on the underside of a table though, which was covered by a table cloth. It's doubtful that anyone could actually see through that, glow-in-the-dark paint or not.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Alto posted:

I kinda wish we knew when Togami got those supplies.

I mean, you could assume he got them when he received the threat, but it's also possible he got them right before the party, or after Nagito visited the market.

I'm just wondering, how would knowing this info help paint our understanding of how Togami ended up stabbed underneath a table?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

orenronen posted:

It's never a bad time to praise HelloWinter some more - yes, this is her work.

For reference, the original screenshot:

That's how it actually looked in-game? Wow, those crinkles in the paper made me honestly think that either you or HelloWinter drew up the map and scanned it in lieu of an actual screenshot! Kudos to you, HelloWinter!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

TOGAMI. IT WAS TOGAMI.

Man, I couldn't tell if Nagito wanted to find the culprit or let him go free. Monomi wishing death upon someone is a little creepy, too... :stonk:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

orenronen posted:

This is actually a manga spinoff of an anime adaptation of a video game.

I think the script itself is actually pretty good (far better than the rest of the DR related manga so far). Too bad about the art.

By any chance, is it titled Dangan Ronpa: The Animation: The Manga?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Anatharon posted:

It's not really poorly made, to be fair. I thought it was pretty fun even though the game isn't clear if you can jump on stuff as Usami or not. (I've never managed it.)

There was a little slowdown when you were circling big groups of enemies which was annoying, but it was a fun diversion and I don't know why Orenonen hated it so much. :iiam:

Did you not see how bad the hit detection was for those jumps? Those jumping mechanics are a travesty and it's a greater travesty that you have to jump on the end bosses several times to clear the levels.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Call Now posted:

I wanted to see if it would accept more than two votes, sorry :blush: Anyway, will you tell us who was the winner, Nanami or Gundam?

He'll tell us when it comes time for the next update.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

How fitting that Monobear would try to make a sequel to a Suda 51 game. I'm curious though; are they going to tell Komaeda about Monobear's game or are they going to leave him in the dark?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

alcharagia posted:

I thought that was all of the female party members?

It is, but only one of their S. Links involves much cooking.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Everyone in Persona 4 made bad curry. Is Ibukis VA Chie, Rise or Yukiko?

Yukiko. As stated earlier, only one of the S. Links involved cooking and that one's Yukiko.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Did any of the free time conversations in DR1 ever name another student who was alive at the time? I'm wondering whether this could hint at Gundam's potential longevity, unless that conversation with Pekoyama is altered if/when Gundam dies.

But then, who would take care of his poor hamsters :ohdear:

Pretty sure Oren mentioned that some free time conversations would be cut off if you wait too long. Sounds like this would be one of them if Gundam were to die later.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jeek posted:

Ah, why must the normal people die so early? :smith:

It is interesting to note that she is not in swimsuit, just like Saionji, for some reason. It may be a clue to her time of death.

As for the murderer, it would be rather difficult to tell at this point, but Pekoyama is really suspicious with her being wet all over. It is not a good plan to swim for three hours straight before having a swimming party with your friends either.

Why would either of them be in swimsuits? They both refused Sonia's invitation.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Haha what? What's the point of that, the first LP is already over.

Edit: Oh I've seen one now, they link to the anime thread, so I guess that explains it - LP readers aren't the intended target.

There are probably people who haven't finished reading it yet and the anime just premiered today too, so people who were looking to experience the story through that aren't safe yet either.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

No they seem to be going with Monobear from what I can tell.

Wait, really? The press release went with "Monokuma" though.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

orenronen posted:

I will most certainly buy the Vita version once it's released, but unfortunately it's a console that isn't easy to capture unless you buy expensive custom hardware, which I don't see myself buying.

Fedule has the hardware; would it be too much to ask to get him to record segments? :v:

Alternatively, as long as the screenshot function of the Vita doesn't leave a watermark, then there shouldn't be any problem with switching for the non-trial segments.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jul 7, 2013

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

He means the forum's archive, not the LP Archive site. The forum automatically archives a thread if it goes for like three months without any new posts. After that, nobody can post in it anymore, and you have to pay :10bux: to upgrade your account to read threads that are in the forum archive.

And no, it hasn't fallen into the archive yet, it was closed at the end of May. It won't fall into the archive until the end of August, I think.

It's actually 2 months. Oren's got about 3 weeks left til the first thread is lost to archives.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Lagomorph posted:

Can we mirror the DR1 let's play too? Also, how would you like the mirror to appear? With credited screenshots, direct cut and paste with credit, or anything else?

EDIT: aaaand I just reread oren's post with the answer to this. I'm leaving it here anyway, in case someone does want screenshots instead.

DR1 isn't necessary as it's on the archives queue.

E:fb

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Oliver Crowley posted:

EDIT: Unless SHSL Swordswoman unlocks Yoshimitsu's swordcopter and/or pogo technique(s). Then I can see how she did it.

There's also this, in the way of swordcopter techniques.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

SingerOfW posted:

And man, is it just me, or Monobear is even more involved in this trial than in DR1's last one?

He's just really, really excited to have his murder mystery unfold the way he wants it to.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Penakoto posted:

A different, better option would be sedation, if they've got access to the right medicine and Mikan is willing and able, I don't see a problem with that.

With his luck and Mikan's clumsiness, I wouldn't be surprised if he accidentally got injected with the distilled essence of hope, whatever that may be.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Maybe I glanced over it, but if these kids have had their memories completely wiped how does Kuzuryuu remember the fact that he has a personal hitman/life partner with him? Or does the memory wipe only apply to high school events.

It probably only applies to high school events. Back in DR1, the kids still remembered everything about their lives from before high school started.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ArfJason posted:

I hope there's an SHSL Liar. Just a guy who is supernaturally gifted about making up poo poo.

I feel like Gambler already had that as one facet of the title though. Celes was a massive liar at the very least.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I can see Kirigiri's got a bowl of ramen for her dish, which I guess is a minor DR1 spoiler, so I'm assuming there are DR2 spoilers on the bottom of the page where they're listed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

Guys, before we get to Souda hitting Mikan over the head with a banjo or whatever, keep in mind we just found a hospital that's apparently stocked with medical equipment. Like Bonesaws. And scalpels.

Are you trying to tell us that Mikan's about to start a round of Surgeon Simulator?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Zero Odds posted:

It has occurred to me that none of the other SHSLs seem like they'd be particularly receptive to his coaching. Unless the script calls for more poop jokes.

He and Souda could have a blast shouting about anatomy. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Alopex posted:

So, Ouendan with less singing and more macho bellowing?

Holy loving poo poo that would be the best thing! :allears:

If you fail a mission or don't get the high score, Nidai should definitely chastise you for it. :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

'SHSL' doesn't necessarily mean 'best in the world.' Hagakure back in the first game himself admitted he wasn't right all of the time, and if Owari is the world's best gymnast, why does Nidai have so much to criticize her on?

The kids have special talents, but they're not necessarily the best at them, they're just very good, with lots of potential. That's how I've always taken it, anyway.

I think the key here is the "High School" part of their title, which flat out says they're the best high school student with that talent. They might not be the best one around, but among their peers, they're the cream of the crop.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Isn't the stomach cutting usually followed up by a beheading? How exactly would he pull that off?

For formal seppuku, someone is waiting until after the person slices their stomach open to behead them. You can't really do this in the middle of, say, a battlefield, so decapitation isn't always a part of this.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Overflight posted:

...I do find it somewhat unsettling how he has the exact same creepy smirk in both instances, though.

The eye patch at least makes it look less creepy.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Heliotrope posted:

Ah hell, I liked Ibuki :(

Hinata do you not know how common it is to fall asleep by accident

He's probably confused about how she managed to accidentally cuddle him twice.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

xSangiune8 posted:

What do we think the motive for killing Mioda and Saionji is? I mean, Kuzuryuu wanted Koizumi dead because he found out she was responsible for his sister's death, and Hanamura wanted to stop Komaeda/leave to help his mom. What is motivating the killer this time around?Maybe there was something in that film that Monokuma made?

Komaeda's the only one to have watched and he was horribly disappointed by the lack of motive.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

Apologies if you've already answered this, but were you ever contacted by any publishers about your translation? I'm quite sure it's your LP that make DR1 officially come overseas years after it's been out in Japan.

I think the guys at NIS said they didn't want to contact any of the fan translators so as not to be influenced by other translations, or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I honestly hope Nidai keeps his obsession with making GBS threads and that NISA can come up with something as great as "BULLETS CANNOT PIERCE SPIRIT!"

• Locked thread