Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suuchan
Oct 12, 2012

mystery solved!
And here we go!

I personally think the cast of characters looks pretty drat cool, but obviously that's personal preference more than anything else. Very much looking forward to further updates!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuchan
Oct 12, 2012

mystery solved!

Orfeo posted:

Well, hello, [REDACTED] Punk's not dead! :swoon:

Might wanna edit out that name there. Not sure how far the no spoilers policy goes, but you can never be too sure.

suuchan
Oct 12, 2012

mystery solved!

SingerOfW posted:

He just got the name from the image's title, though.

Ah, I guess so. The no spoiler guide includes 'character names and titles', so I assumed. Sorry!

suuchan fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 11, 2012

suuchan
Oct 12, 2012

mystery solved!

Orfeo posted:

Eh, shouldn't take too long anyway. We'll get an official introduction soon. Hopefully.

DESPAIR. :unsmigghh:

Hopefully.
I think Oren mentioned something in the DR1 thread about having a small backlog of DR2 updates? So maybe the official introductions will come pretty soon!

suuchan
Oct 12, 2012

mystery solved!
Ah, seeing the posts about the translation liberties and stuff with the character speech patterns makes things make a little more sense now! A few people were a little surprised because in this translation so far it seems like Hinata speaks very formally, compared to the upfront/bordering on impolite way he apparantly speaks in Japanese.

Although I guess we do only have one update to go on. Either way you choose to do it, I'm sure the translation will adhere to his/the other characters' spirit! I like it a lot so far, anyway.

suuchan
Oct 12, 2012

mystery solved!

Fedule posted:

"Surprised" is a somewhat conservative way of putting it, if you're talking about who I think you're talking about.

...Well, maybe 'annoyed' would have been a slightly better choice of words.

It's probably just a matter of personal preference!

suuchan fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuchan
Oct 12, 2012

mystery solved!
In other news... probably my favourite character designs so far are mysterious purple scarf ninja (from the little we can see of him, anyway) and Sharkteeth McPinkhair, although like I said before, I do like all of them a lot.

• Locked thread