Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Leavemywife posted:

I am digging the hell out of this guy's design. I hope he turns out to be a Super High School Level Dancer or Graffiti Artist or something.
Super High School Level Scrapbooker

EDIT: Jesus Christ this thread moves fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Oren, now that the characters have been introduced, any chance we can get a post with matching names/pictures? I don't think I'll be able to keep them straight in my head without a cheat sheet.

It's interesting that the last game went out of its way to introduce all the characters with detailed profiles up front, while this game has you meeting them along the way. Makes you wonder what Hajime's circumstances are - Naegi had reason to look up his classmates because he was a bonafide enrollee, but Hajime seems a little more suspect.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

slowbeef posted:

Banhammer
What's great is the guy you banned is gonna go around to other forums perpetuating the story of how SA is the banniest forum that ever banned and that the mods keep in it a perpetual police state.

...which is all true, but hey it keeps out the riff-raff.

I'm looking forward to more updates to flush out the traits of the cast since all we have are their crazy appearances. It's a huge change from DR1 where we had brief character profiles before we even started.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Character List
Thanks!

EDIT: Holy drat, the lolspeak banned guy had been here nearly a year, you think he would have figured the place out by now.

sudonim fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 12, 2012

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Alien Arcana posted:

That looks... familiar, somehow. Is Kuzuryuu a reference to something? Wasn't there a manga centered around a character like him?
With his hat on, he's Vongola hitman Reborn. With his hat off he's federal agent Francis York Morgan. Babyface here can't win.

This game takes some effort to learn all the characters, which makes it feel much slower than DR1, where they were all thrown at you from the start. Which makes me wonder:

Oren, is SDR2 longer than DR1? (don't answer if spoilers)

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
The cook getting all lusty over rubbing down the coach made his permanent horniness go from creepy to hilarious.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

njsykora posted:

I'm retaining hope that our SHSL Coach starts to train the crew to fight the robots.
The Coach is right out of JoJo's Bizarre adventure and it's awesome. Especially when his sentences get all LOUD AND MACHO RIGHT AT THE EEEEEEEEEND.

I think the theorizing here is fun but there's a lot of posters doing it and I hope no one takes it as seriously here as they did the Junko reveal from the last thread. At this point I feel like there's not really anything worth theorizing much about, and we should relax and enjoy the crazy train.

Besides, I don't think there was anywhere near this level of theorizing at this point in the game in the last thread.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
^^^^ Instead of a box Kamishiro hides in a giant melonpan.

Prison Warden posted:

So there is pretty much no way this isn't Chihiro. The "studying abroad" thing threw me for a loop initially too, since I immediately thought it must be our DR2 protagonists, but I guess it doesn't really fit.
Yeah, if SDR2 turns out to be a prequel, I'm going to be kind of dissapointed. Part of the fun in this for me is wondering how in hell SHSL Despair put this island business together after DR1, and why they did it.

...assuming SHSL Despair is involved at all! We know jack right now.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
That was one hell of an update. I kept thinking "Surely Oren's gonna end it after this video," but instead there were quite a few.

I'm surprised that the game is letting the player take the final leap of logic in the first trial. Granted, it's pretty obvious, but I'm so used to to games having a lot of hand-holding in the first major test or encounter that even this little bit of player agency is refreshing. I wonder if there's a penalty for being wrong (like convincing everyone it was Peko or something).

I have a lot of gratitude for our SHSL Localization Team! Thanks, Oren, Fedule, HelloWinter for making this available to us in some form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I figure Hanimura would know about the crawlspace as a way to perv some glances up the girls' skirts. I can't imagine that Nagito would let anyone else in on the plan, so Hanimura heading down there during the blackout at all strikes me as pretty weird. Unless he was aware of the plan, somehow, which will all come out in the next update or so (hopefully).

• Locked thread