Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

ProfessorProf posted:

e: Also, why don't we start discussing options for our next book? If there are enough people who haven't already read it, I nominate And Then There Were None.

I'd really like to get in on the next book, but I've read that one, too. May I suggest something from Rex Stout, Ngaio Marsh, or one of the other "Golden Age" mystery writers? (There are plenty of other Christie novels I can't remember whodunit for, though, if you're sticking with her.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Autumncomet posted:

Well, I got the important bit right. :colbert: ProfessorProf, how madly were you laughing at our predictions over the course of the last 3 pages?

As for future stories, I have nothing. :( I really would like to read more of this type of mystery though, where once you get to a certain point, you can piece together the mystery (sans motive, maybe) as the detective does.

In some of the old Ellery Queen novels, they'd actually print a page near the end that told you to stop and try to guess the murderer, then the next pages would be the detective explaining whodunit.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

ProfessorProf posted:

If it's up to me, then I'll go out on a limb and nominate...

The Body on the Beach, by Simon Brett
The Ponson Case, by Freeman Willis Crofts

As a disclaimer I haven't read either of these, so the possibility exists that they're no good, but the word on the internet seems positive.

I haven't read either, but 'The Ponson Case' isn't available for my e-reader, so I vote 'The Body on the Beach'. Going to get started on 'Murder is Easy' tonight.

• Locked thread