Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Original_Z posted:

Does anyone know what would happen to have an app stop using the speaker for calls? I use Google+ for the hangout video chats, it used to activate the speaker like on Facetime so it was easy to chat and look at people. Recently it no longer comes out of the speaker, only the top part like for normal calls, makes it impossible to hear anyone while looking at the camera. No idea what could have caused this, I definitely didn't change any settings and I haven't found a way to make it go back...

I have a similar issue but reversed. If someone leaves me a voicemail on my desk phone it gets forwarded to my mobile as an email with the voicemail as an attachment. I can't figure out how to get those to play through the earpiece so I'm not blasting my messages over the speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Question Mark Mound posted:

I would love one of those "Smart" alarm clocks to wake me up at a good time, but I really don't want to give up the soothing tones of Uniqlo Wake Up's voice telling me the time and the weather first thing in the morning.

I've owned sleep cycle since it was released back on the OG iPhone and I haven't used it since Uniqlo. It's so lovely to wake up to.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Thanks! I used PLNL, second from bottom. I tried HMX37 first but it had been used.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I would delete and redownload the app, but I'm guessing every reply after mine will just tell you to forget Apples app and buy Downcast or Instacast.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Chuck Bartowski posted:

You say that now, but you really should.

All the 3rd party podcast apps are fantastic and Apple's is complete poo poo.

For me it's the benefits versus cost. I only have one podcast I actually subscribe to. For my usage Apples is fine. I wouldn't spend money on an app I open once a week at most.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

List+, which I think I've seen recommended in this thread a previous iteration of this thread, is Free right now.

jojoinnit fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 26, 2012

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Demicol posted:

My friend from US wants to give me his Itunes gift card as a christmas present, but I can't redeem it on my normal account. Could I use an US account and gift stuff to myself? Or if I just straight up buy stuff from the US store would it be easy to sync it to my phone without losing my other stuff in the progress?

Yes, I've bought stuff from both the UK and US stores. You need an address to sign in though (use his I guess) but once you've got it it's fine. You should be aware though that you won't be able to redownload stuff you bought on the US store without switching your account information back over to access it, so make sure you transfer your purchases to your computer so you've got a backup.

It also may not recognise app updates until you switch back to the store where you got the apps from, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I wish using codes without posting a "thanks, I used this one:" was somehow probateable. Its a dick move, those can take ages to type and it sucks to try them one by one to see if any are still available.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

vikingstrike posted:

Conversely, it can get annoying when a huge batch of codes get posted and then there are 3 pages of Thanks!.

Sure, but I see the value of people knowing if codes have been used or not outweighing the annoyance of having to scroll past them. Especially when there's three sets of fifteen codes like we just had.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Dirty Needles posted:

Anybody else having problems with Awful since the forum update? I can't view any posts, just getting 'End of Thread' at the top of a blank page.

The forum update broke it. Pokeyman has already submitted a fixed version to Apple.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

benisntfunny posted:

I can understand your apprehension to try a free application.

Was going to say this too. Why in the world would you solicit opinions on whether you should download a free app? It literally takes less effort to download the loving thing and try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Used 6JXMKN7FT7WE thanks!

• Locked thread