Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Evolv, La Sportiva, ClimbX and some Scarpa shoes on sale at TheClymb. Plus a bunch of harnesses and quickdraw sets. Some of the stuff is like half off including shoes. I just ordered me some scarpa vapors :neckbeard:
Here's an invite link https://www.theclymb.com/invite-from/redstringdrummer
Also a ton of hiking, camping and cycling stuff on sale.

Advice for shoes, try them on somewhere in person before you order them. I mean you can always order a few and send the ones that don't fit back but this will save time. Plus almost no two brands cut shoes the same way. I on the other hand did not follow this advice because i couldn't find a scarpa dealer near by. So i hope my shoes fit when they get here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

New shoes from TheClymb(ignore the mess from dinner). And thank christ they fit. They got here before my school books did. So that's exciting. Can't study, no book. Might as well climb.

On the subject of auto belays,I will not climb on one no matter how many times i've checked myself. I can't yell at that thing to TAKE when i'm tired or unsure about my move. They just frighten me.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008

jackchaos posted:

the hardest transition for a gym rat to outside climber is feet. You have so many options yet no options in sight.

This pretty much. You put your toe on something and think, "This'll never hold me..." You do that to like 10 different little chips and finally you go back to the original and just go for it. And it holds. Then you lose faith in your feet and start over again. At least, that was my first experience. It was great.