Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...
I seem to have developed some moderate CTS from climbing. Anyone have any ideas for some ways to fix that and prevent it in the future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...

modig posted:

I know some rescuers who do the tree rope stuff for fun, so at vertical practice they would build a harness and ascender out of the end of a rope, and use that to ascend the same rope. Pretty cool.

There's a few tree climbing instructors at the rock gym where I work and I have to say they put my rope and knot knowledge to shame. They have one setup that they do that's self cleaning. I've never seen them do it but allegedly they arrange their ropes such that getting everything out of the tree is as easy as pulling in a certain spot. I'd love to do a trip with them.