Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
My gym taught me about the campus board during the intro to climbing class. It didn't lead to any injuries though, since I'm not even able to hang from the holds, much less launch and catch myself on them. To me, that and the Moon Board are just the barriers to separate the weight room from the climbing walls.

It was just kind of strange, because they set lots of easy but still interesting problems, so it's not like it's some super hardcore gym that's forgotten how bad beginners are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
I wouldn't have expected flat, boring Houston as the place for climbing gyms, but I appreciate that the bouldering one is next to downtown so I can conveniently blow off work and climb instead.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Reserving a section seems weird but at least it would force me to focus on a problem rather than wandering around randomly.

My gym has a general entry reservation policy but it's only a formality because other than sometimes the 6:30-8:30 block it's never full. I could spend the whole day there by just reserving that block and walking in as standby every other block.

But yeah, I'm not sure how long they can run like this, because it's only open to members and we're the least profitable people.